Brake Discs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Brake Discs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know the exact diameter of front and rear vented brake discs on a 2008 180 ttid estate.?My guess ...
    Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Brake Discs

Does anyone know the exact diameter of front and rear vented brake discs on a 2008 180 ttid estate.?My guess is 312mm front and 292mm rear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Re: Brake Discs

Quote Originally Posted by Mazuk View Post
    Does anyone know the exact diameter of front and rear vented brake discs on a 2008 180 ttid estate.?My guess is 312mm front and 292mm rear.
    Maz, the size if the disc is stamped on the brake caliper itself. Just whip off a wheel and if you need to, use a wire brush to clean any brake dust and muck (don't forget to wear a mask - health and safety!!). I promise you, the size is stamped on them.

The easiest way by far though, is to look at your VIN plate. See the following link and scroll down to post #4 for the best descriptive decoding:

http://www.saabtechtalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=588.0

ExRPO1--thanks for the information.I have found a supplier for enhanced pads and discs who has confirmed knowledge of the correct parts required.I am awaiting delivery but I have ordered for"spare parts" as the originals are still in good shape after 32k miles.Might be tempted to fit sooner as I`ve gone for "grooves" and EBC redstuff.

ExRPO1--thanks for the information.I have found a supplier for enhanced pads and discs who has confirmed knowledge of the correct parts required.I am awaiting delivery but I have ordered for"spare parts" as the originals are still in good shape after 32k miles.Might be tempted to fit sooner as I`ve gone for "grooves" and EBC redstuff.
    Maz, hi. I respect your decision, but (there's always a but!) I would personally have just stuck with either genuine GM stuff or good aftermarket brands such as Pagid.

I just recently bought a brand new set of genuine GM front discs for £32 delivered and I have a genuine set of genuine GM front pads that cost me £16, bought after buying them advertised for a Vauxhall Vectra, but which of course are entirely compatible with my own vehicle. The stuff is now just sat in my garage for when I need to do the change. I used to used drilled and grooved discs on a previous car and I found out they just wore out quicker than not drilled and grooved discs, which I found a bit odd!

Anyway, I hope you got the stuff for a good price.

ExRPO1-well my set cost 4 to 5 times the cost of a set that you could source..However they are genuine EBC(made in U.K.)I think this motor deserves them.Each to his own! I spent about £ 500 having my BLS undersealed.Was it worth it ?Who knows?.Today I joined the Saab club after seeing so many Saab stickers under the bonnet.Might produce some cheap offers?By the way I found a label on the right hand side of the engine bay at the back which refers to the disc size via the ac---bb-cc-db etc. codes.Thanks again.

Front vented discs are 302mm and rear 292mm.Larger fronts are for the V6.

ExRPO1-well my set cost 4 to 5 times the cost of a set that you could source..However they are genuine EBC(made in U.K.)I think this motor deserves them.Each to his own! I spent about £ 500 having my BLS undersealed.Was it worth it ?Who knows?.Today I joined the Saab club after seeing so many Saab stickers under the bonnet.....
    I completely agree about EBC discs. I put them on the rear of my own car and they weren't particularly cheap, about £80 for a pair. I chose them because as you said, they are I believe genuinely made in the UK and they apparently have excellent quality control.

I'm chuffed to bits with my purchase for the genuine GM front discs, for the price, I am not going to complain.

I'm surprised you've spent so much money having your car undersealed! I would have thought Saab would have undersealed the vehicles to a good enough standard anyway?

Joining the Saab club is probably the best thing owners like us can do, after all, the cars are Saab's! Have you joined Saabscene.com/forum yet?

Just retuned from a week on East coast.BLS covered 450 faultless miles and averaged 44.8 MPG,49.5 at one point. I follow the Saab forums sometimes exRPO1 and find them very useful.

t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

I have just replaced the discs and pads all round with Pagid. They are very good. Original discs lasted 132,000 miles, pads have been changed once since new. Bought them Eurocarparts for £122 and £100 to fit.

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Quote Originally Posted by t4evs View Post
    I have just replaced the discs and pads all round with Pagid. They are very good. Original discs lasted 132,000 miles, pads have been changed once since new. Bought them Eurocarparts for £122 and £100 to fit.
    now that some excellent mileage for the original parts !

Looks like my new pads and discs will remain in the shed for sometime !!!!! Just out of curiosity at what mileage did you change pads?

t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

The first set of pads were changed at 55,000. I do a lot of motorway miles but that still seems good.

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

The first set of pads were changed at 55,000. I do a lot of motorway miles but that still seems good.
    seems good ? that bloody brilliant !

You are indeed very lucky to have had your discs last that long. My front discs and pads are original and the car has still not reached 29,000 miles and they are ok. The rear discs/pads however were replaced by me at just 19,300 miles - they were absolutely knackered and the pads had almost worn down to the metal backing. I put it down to the fact that before I bought the car, it had been sat around at the dealership for just about two years and I have a sneaking suspicion that the rear pistons were sticking and not operating effectively. They were an absolute ass to push back in using a piston rewind tool. The EBC discs I now have on the rears are absolutely fine and not wearing anywhere near like the originals did. I used genuine replacement GM pads and they are fine too. Needless to say, I keep a regular eye on my brakes even with annual authorised Cadillac servicing.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.