Cadillac BLS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Cadillac BLS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Pictures look nice, no idea what it actually says http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/d/762...ews_special_ha...
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Cadillac BLS

Pictures look nice, no idea what it actually says

http://www.auto-motor-sport.de/d/762...ews_special_ha

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: Cadillac BLS

ben72227 is offline Banned

Look how small it is. I guess it has to meet those European requirements. Could this be the rebirth of the Cimmaron???:rolleyes2

Ahhh, that grill looks so ugly. Those Europeans want their BMW kidney grill, not some ugly AMERICAN Cadillac grill. Why does Cadillac even bother?

CoupeDevilleRob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1983 Coupe deVille

Because they are obsessed with being accepted world wide. Who really cares what Europeans think of Cadillac, they'll never accept it. All they care about are their boring, ultra over engineered German crap heaps.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

All I can say is BLS is a pretty sorry name.

slk230mb is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): Now: 2008 STS-V, 1960 Eldorado Brougham Then: 2002 Escalade

I like it.
    ~Steve

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyG

Remove the "L" and i think you will have europe perception of a "Saabillac Maxx G6"

berkin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I like it more than the Catera, but Cadillac should NOT make the BLS.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

Hell, Calling it the Catera would have made it a better car.

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Why even start relating it to the Catera? GM is trying to introduce American style to Europe in a package they'd "like".

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by JefferyG
    I was thinking the same... maybe because it sounds bad in american english (you know, easy to mock it as B.S.).
    Probably is not the same in Europe. Being cadillac, you could expect a throroughly made name analysis...

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

You can't blame a cat for killing birds, and you can't blame Cadillac for diversifying. If the Cadillac comeback is really going to be a great comeback, then Cadillac can't expect to march up to the top again with 3 cars with a little "V" after the names. If this car is gonna sell in Europe because it has what Europeans want, then give it to them; just make sure it's a quality vehicle. I'll agree it's not the type of Caddy I'd want to drive, but it's a Caddy, nonetheless. Accept it as part of globalization.

Brian

highonchai is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '85 Seville Commemorative Edition, '69 Sed.Dev., '08 G6 GT

Man! i love it. it looks better than the CTS, looks like the STS's little brother, pretty cool, maybe ill have one shipped over

majax is offline 32V Northstar

It is a Cadillac designed for the European in mind and not so much the American. I think it is an okay move as long as they don't deprive the Europeans of their other cars.

Here is a rough translation:

At the Geneva auto show General Motors shows the first Cadillac out of Europe for Europe. The front drive BLS comes to the market in 2006 and is the littlest model of the US luxury car marker. It is based in spite of more powerful motors and higher quality equipment and is technically the Saab 9-3 and is constructed presumably also in the Swedish Trollhättan plant. What is presented in Geneva, is to be sure another prototype, but the production car (premier at the IAA in September) is differed only through the wheel design. The launch should start in February 2006, it will price from about 28,000 to 29,000 Euros - therefore exactly between Saab 9-3 and the larger Cadillac CTS (C-segment Touring Sedan).
    BLS stands for B-segment Luxury Sedan. This model competes 3 series and Mercedes C-class German place leader, as well as audi A4, BMW, but naturally also with noble Mittelklasse-Importwagen of Alfa Romeo, jaguar, Lexus and Volvo. Running time only four and a half years of the BLS is 4.68 meters long, 1.76 meters extend and 1.44 meters tall. The new European car on basis of the current Epsilon-platform of GM (Opel Vectra, Saab 9-3), after that only two US-derivatives - under that also the Saturn aura. Based on its late appearance appointment and the already (this is where I got some stuff lost in translation)
    GM has spent nearly 250 million dollars on the BLS, according to development boss, Lutz in the inner room quaked already a foretaste on the next Cadillac-generation: with soft leather equipment, high-value surfaces, Bose-Soundsystem and DVD-navigation with 6.5 inch touchscreen monitor. The exterior of the BLS in the so-called Art & Science-style of the Cadillac-models XLR, CTS, STS and SRX.
    It should offer one notch better sound comfort and resilience to other GM-cars on this platform. First Cadillac will have a diesel engine gor the BLS. In this car there will be the appearance of the V6- and V8-Turbodiesel (autumns 2007) for the rear wheel drives models making this the first diesel Cadillac. To the use, the 1.9-Liter-4 cylindar well known out of the Fiat-GM-Joint venture. As a basis-Benziner, a two liter-four cylinder-Turbomotor with about 200 HP serves ranks, about that a 2,8-Liter-V6-Biturbo with presumably 275 HP. All engines have therefore clearly more achievement than a comparable Saab 9-3-Motorisierungen.
    As a power transmission, peeled transmission and automatic control mechanism transmissions with five or six gears to the choice stand according to Motorisierung and equipment.
    Annually Cadillac of the BLS wants to drop throughout Europe 10,000 units. Therewith 50 percent of all would be fallen from 2007 planned Cadillac-Verkäufe in Europe to the new Einstiegslimousine.

juiceE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): (rip 92deville rip 94 fwb) 97 ElDog

Quote Originally Posted by 90Brougham350
    globalization.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.