Infotainment AUX in
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Infotainment AUX in in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello Does anybody know if there is a plug for aux in on the rear of the infotainment system? I ...
    dbu.828 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Infotainment AUX in

Hello
    Does anybody know if there is a plug for aux in on the rear of the infotainment system? I would like to integrate a mp3 player.
    I am unable to find a technical schematic on the net.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Re: Infotainment AUX in

I'm almost certain that there isn't a rear AUX in on the unit. It is the same infotainment system as fitted to the Saab 9-3.

I use the front AUX in often for my iphone on as short a lead as possible. Iphone sits in a Brodit phone holder.

You'll know for certain though if you take the unit out.

I keep toying with the idea of replacing the infotainment system with a brand new double din unit with integrated satnav, DAB radio etc. Just can't quite bring myself to part with £600 though!

dbu.828 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS
    Thank You for the info.
    I am also thinking of replacing the infotainment system. There is only one thing witch make me some headache. Witch one should I take.
    My BLS have the Bose center point system included. And I really don't know if there is a double DIN infotainment system with a2dp Bluetooth on the market with the Bose DSP processor.
    Do you know one?

Short answer, no!

Since your first post, I've been looking again and I've reached the same conclusion as I did the last time I looked and that is to just keep the original unit. I use built in bluetooth often for my iphone and I don't want to potentially start messing stuff up.

I've already long given up on the in car satnav, it's reached the point of almost being pointless as I use my TomTom HD Live 820 unit all the time and the in car satnav just can't compare to TomTom, which I can update frequently albeit through subcription, but that generally costs less than £25 a year plus another £30 a year for HD live subcription.

I am though seriously considering buying an add on DAB radio:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_265865

I would though if I bought this unit, have to buy a decent window mount DAB aerial:

http://www.bluespot.co.uk/car-audio....s-mount-aerial

If I go down the DAB adaptor route, it'll cost £100, far cheaper than ripping out my current system and replacing it.

ajp558 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Elegance 1.9D Wagon

Thanks for the suggestion ExRP01. I had a look at the Sonichi S100 and its predecessor the S1000 last night. The reviews looked favourable and with the current bundle deal of a free mag mount aerial from Halfords I thought it was well worth a punt. So I reserved the S100/aerial bundle

I have only set it up on my driveway and the proof will be how well it performs when commuting from Hampshire to London, but so far I am quite impressed.

I put the mag mount aerial just behind the FM shark fin on the roof and ran the cable down through the rear up to the centre arm rest. I removed the rubber cup holder closest to the arm rest and bent the Sonichi windscreen mount until it was quite a tidy fit into that cup holder. Power comes from the socket inside the arm rest. I get 78 stations, most with a very strong signal.

Having tried the unit with both A 3.5mm stereo cable plugged into the AUX socket and also the built-in FM transmitter, I have to say that the transmitter is not at all bad. It autotunes to the best clear frequency, and if that changes then it forces the Caddy FM radio to follow it to the next best frequency using the auto frequency facility built into the Infotainment unit. Sound is pretty acceptable to me but I will probably get a longer 3.5mm stereo extension cable with right angle connections so I can tuck it away between panels and minimise the amount of excess visible cabling.

Having taken a bit of a gamble but with a price of just £49 it is a keeper. I spent ages looking at the much more expensive Alpine EZi-DAB and its brother the Pure Highway 300di. Those look better but need much more of a professional installation to get power, etc. I may still go that way for my other car (a Merc SL350) , but buying the Sonichi was much less of a risk, and easier way for me to find out if DAB would work for me and my typical car journeys.

Thanks again for the good spot.
    AJP558

Haha!! My pleasure mate!

I too took the plunge and bought the DAB radio and aerial bundle yesterday and I've done a superb job of fitting it in with minimal wiring on show.

Basically the bendy holder with the suction cup on it, well, I've stuck the suction cup to the plastic instrument panel and it mostly covers the rev counter but I can still see the rev counter numbers and the tip of the needle, so I'm not bothered about it looking that odd. The Sonichi is then placed on the bendy stand, so it sits just nicely behind the steering wheel at roughly the ten o'clock postion and just far back enough for it not to interfere with my hand movements on the wheel. I can however with just one finger of my left hand, press any of the four preset buttons to select my favourite stations. Meanwhile, the aerial lead runs down the left side and disappears under the plastic about where the OBD2 port is, along out of site and the wire exits out through the forward part of the door pillar, through a gap between the wing and the bonnet. Yes, the door closes on the wire, but it doesn't appear to put any pressure on the wire itself, indeed there is no evidence of any marks from the door. Once the cable has come out by the tip of the top right hand side of the bonnet, I have channelled it behind the plastic windscreen strip to the roof and the magmount aerial sits right on the front of the right hand edge of the roof virtually next to the windscreen. The reason I have mounted it here is because I didn't want any undue interference from the bee sting on the back, which as you know is not only the FM aerial, but the GPS aerial too.

The location of the DAB unit is such that it is within perfect reach of the connecting cable from AUX in to the AUX out socket on the car stereo. I already own a very high quality oxygen free short cable and it is the perfect length. The power supply, well I have dispensed with the supplied cigar socket lead and replaced it with a nice tight coily curl mobile phone charging lead with the same tiny usb end connector and it is plugged into the cigar socket down by the cubby under the aircon panel. Looks a treat!

So I have the whole thing set up. Sonichi unit can still be removed very quickly when required, just pull out the leads and slide it off the stand. Easy.

Quality of sound - brilliant! I live very close to the highest point in my County, took a drive up there and did a scan. Picked up about 70 stations and bingo! I've had no problems with reception driving around so far. I will be doing a 240 mile journey next week and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs.

For £49.99, it is proving a bargain and I'm not even going to bother buying the windscreen mount aerial now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.