Haynes Manual
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Haynes Manual in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Haynes Manual

For those that may be interested, I've just bought a brand new release of the Haynes Workshop manual covering the Saab 9-3, 2007-2011 (57-61 Reg) off a seller on ebay for just under £14 delivered. As my own car was built in May 2008 (despite being marketed as a 2009 model), I opted for the latest version of this manual rather than the one that immediately preceeded it.

This manual covers the 1.9 Tid 8v and 16v engines. Having had a trawl through it, there is much that appears applicable to any BLS owner with the 1.9 Tid 16v engine as clearly the BLS and 9-3 in this range use exactly the same engine (everything under the bonnet is identical) and for the most part, the same braking system. The same also appears for a lot of the electrical system. As there is no official customer workshop manual for the BLS, this in my opinion, is probably the next best thing. You can get CD workshop manuals for the Saab 9-3 on ebay for about £3, but I like having a book in front of me with proper pages I can turn!

I've used Haynes manuals for years and I know this latest manual from Haynes will help me personally no end. It's great having stuff like the recommended torque settings available for when you're doing jobs on the car. I have made the heady decision to do much of my own servicing from now on now that my warranty has expired. I've already successfully changed the rear discs and pads on my own car even without this manual. At the moment, I'm just not personally doing the sort of mileage that warrants me taking the car to a garage for full blown servicing when I know I can do a lot of the work myself. This manual also tells you how to reset the service indicator if you weren't already aware.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AndyBear1SA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 BLS 2.8T v6 Auto Luxury

Re: Haynes Manual

Do you perhaps know where one could source a service/maintenance booklet and an owners manual for the BLS?
    I have the 2008 (July) BLS 2.8T V6 Automatic Lux model, but the books have been misplaced.
    I often go onto e bay, but cannot seem to find any. Andy (Durban, South Africa)

Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

A manual (2007) is available now on eBay .Just input bls manual.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cadillac-B...item2c624ab19e

Peter K is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Wagon Elegance 1.9 (180) auto

Quote Originally Posted by Mazuk View Post
    A manual (2007) is available now on eBay .Just input bls manual.http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cadillac-B...item2c624ab19e
    Hi Andy send me your email address to Pjk731010@gmail.com and I can send to you a full set of manuals in pdf format

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.