Windscreen wiper blades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Windscreen wiper blades in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has anyone been successful finding some innexpensive front wiper blades. The fitting seems to be 'non standard' with two side ...
    Billy1958 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls wagon

Windscreen wiper blades

Has anyone been successful finding some innexpensive front wiper blades. The fitting seems to be 'non standard' with two side pieces which squeeze
    together to remove old blades. I suppose that I should do some legwork and find out if modern blades such as aeroflats come with the kit to adapt
    to fit ours. Many thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BlackBox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009er 2.0 T FlexFuel Waggon

Re: Windscreen wiper blades

Quote Originally Posted by Billy1958 View Post
    Has anyone been successful finding some innexpensive front wiper blades. The fitting seems to be 'non standard' with two side pieces which squeeze
    together to remove old blades. I suppose that I should do some legwork and find out if modern blades such as aeroflats come with the kit to adapt
    to fit ours. Many thanks for your help.
    Good morning,

well, for wipers I personally would choose the best I can get and this is mostly expensive.

For example the BOSCH AEROTWIN A416S should fit. Amazon Germany has the Heyner Hybrid-Flat Cadillac BLS 10.05- (560-560) (price lower than the Bosch).

If you'll find a wiper for the SAAB 9.3 2007 they might fit also.

Otherwise you may find something here: http://www.akadia-ats.com/catalogs/i...479&spid=10233 and with the partnumber you can check if available and for which price in your region or the internet.

Best regards

Thorsten

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

I used to have the Good year flat blades from Costco which were very good and only £5.99 each

Thanks all.

Costco..... top quality and only £6 per blade. Only problem is that they did not stock 23" but the 24" fit and work fine... cheers.

crazy price but you gotta love Costco and a hotdog and a soda for £1.50 :-)

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Resurrecting an old thread, but...for those that are interested, the part number for genuine GM wiper blades for the BLS from month/year 08/07, is 12778386.

I know this because I have just bought a 'spare' brand new set from ebay, considerably cheaper than from a dealer. The fitment guide on the box clearly states:
    Saab 9.3 08/07, Cadillac BLS 08/07. The BLS shares the same front windscreen as the 9-3 (for those that are not aware). To be honest, the genuine wiper blades are much better than most aftermarket blades, including the expensive branded ones. Plus, the clip connectors are correct for the job.

did you get the from Perthparts on the bay of E ?

Thats where I got mine on the box is says 9-3 or BLS

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAAB-9-3-f...item337f4673c6

Nope, I got them from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Sa...item257aaab26e

This seller is A1, I can truly vouch for that. Bought some great stuff from them.

bugger wish i'd seen them before I bought the from perth parts

I might get a spare pair at that price, only put my new ones on on sunday, i like to change them once a year if they need it or not

Nooooo!!! Save your money pal, absolutely no need to change them every year. The wipers on my own car are the originals. They have been on there since the car was built in 2008 and they are still working ok. I might just put the new ones on next year. It's just good to have a spare set in the boot just in case someone pinches a wiper or one breaks.

Have you seen the GM rear brake pads he's selling too? I bought a spare set, cost just under 18 quid, (ok, so there's postage on top but still much cheaper than going to the dealer). I'm a stickler for buying stuff and keeping it on the shelf so to speak. Saves a distress purchase later on. I've now got everything I need for my next service, bar an air filter, but I'll be buying a WIX replacement anyway, otherwise, genuine GM stuff for the most part. If you want any part numbers for any common service items, PM me and I'll do my best to help, even though I know you've 'sold out' and bought a Saab lol! Still, most of our service parts are the same anyway.

no i have always replaced the wiper blades once a year, it's aonly a few quid and i hate juddery wipe blades, even when you clean the blades that start to wear out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.