Unusual BLS TTid sale on Ebay
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Unusual BLS TTid sale on Ebay in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cadillac-B...#ht_500wt_1156...
    Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Billy1958 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls wagon

Re: Unusual BLS TTid sale on Ebay

That is very unusual. I have the same colour, 59 plate, love the car but always a little concerned of a bump or breakdown. I would love to keep mine past the 3 year warranty but planned to get rid in a years time due to concerns. I am thinking of buying the one on e bay for spares and keeping mine for another 3 years. Will keep my eye on it.... have contacted the seller for more info.

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

if the clutch hadnt been an issue I think i'd have been tempted with it being the 180bhp engine

Very difficult to price this car which was first registered on 31/3/2008.A Saab recon auto box would be in the region of £2K to £2.5K.Who knows if a Cadillac one could be obtained or if a Saab one would fit.Perhaps worth min. £5K max.£6.5K if repairable.My guestimated price min£2K max£4K.Any other guesses??Hope your enjoying your new "Cadillac"180 S7ORMP!

anyone bid on it ? went got £1644

Tong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9D Elegance Wagon Auto

Hi All,

I thought about this a bit as I have the same colour wagon also 59 reg same as Billy's .. probably the fact that it closed at 6 a.m. ish put me off cos I am not a morning person
    Anyway at 1644 it's not a bad deal so it will be interesting if the new owner shows up on here! In the olden days if an auto box was slipping you could tighten the belts and that would fix it but these day's who knows??

Interesting though thanks for the heads up Mazuk

BTW what happened to your write off S70???

Insurance firm have passed it to a firm in Bury but wont tell me anything more as they say it doesnt concern me !

I'd have liked to get the electric seats out of it in to the 9-3 but that aint going to happen now !

Just had it Hirsch'd this morning and OMG ! awesome !

if youi have TTiD BLS see if you get get it done !!!

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

When you say 'Hirsch'd' have you had the suspension upgrade?

I'm wondering whether the BLS can have the same upgrade?

no just the software upgrade

http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/Con...ung/F270006810

and I didnt pay the price they are show which doesnt include installation !

I got it a lot less

now looking at the Hirsch front 4 piece grill, as I really like it and I have some money left over from getting a excellent price on the car.

http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/Con...mik/F848006700

or even the interior kit

http://www.hirsch-performance.ch/Con...ior/F880008511

Have just done another 100 miles in the car and it feels a lot smoother and pulls from the moment you press the throttle ! turbo lag seems to have vanished

t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

Re: Unusual BLS TTid sale on Ebay - S70RMP

How did the engine software upgrade affect your insurance. Have often been tempted to do this.

You will have to post some photos of your new car if you go for the exterior upgrades.

Glad that you are enjoying the new car.

next to nothing for the upgrade, just point out it's a ecu software upgrade not a mega BHP increase

The ebay car had done 132k miles so that put me off a bit. It was driveable but too far away if it had broke down. Keep up the good work chaps.

Thanks Billy for the mileage data,the pricing (with such high miles)is starting to make sense.I wonder if mine will do a further 112000 miles.At 20K, so far so good.For info £200 for two year(20K) service at Cadillac(Milton Keynes)

Thats interesting, mine is coming up for its 2 year service..... 18k and no problems at all. Milton Keynes is only 20 miles away and one point which swayed me to buy... in case of problems. I use the village garage for my services... just can't beat them for price and total quality/ honesty.

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Mazuk View Post
    Thanks Billy for the mileage data,the pricing (with such high miles)is starting to make sense.I wonder if mine will do a further 112000 miles.At 20K, so far so good.For info £200 for two year(20K) service at Cadillac(Milton Keynes)
    I actually seriously thought about bidding for that estate myself and breaking it up for parts, but actually someone if they are prepared to sort out the gearbox, will in all honesty have a really decent car. Can't see any issues personally with a Saab autobox, because that is probably what is in it anyway. If a decent looking diesel saloon comes up though for as low a price as that estate has just gone for, I'll definitely bid for it and break it up as I have more than enough room for storing doors, bonnet, windscreens etc. I already have a spare set of rear light clusters, just in case one gets broken!

Me thinks you'll have no problems going way way past 112,000 miles, that's pretty small change really for a good diesel engine and the Fiat/GM diesel engine in these cars is absolutely one of the best out there. I think if like me, you are getting your car serviced each and every year, then any problems are likely to be minimal. Hopefully the independent Saab dealer/technician I've found, will do a good job of looking after my own BLS at the end of this year when my first MOT is due. Brake fluid change coming up in May, so I'll see how friendly he is.

I'm chuffed to bits with the front parking sensors that I had fitted. They have already proved themselves in the supermarket car park! It will be interesting to see what happens in a multi-storey!

So, I'm just coming onto 20,000 miles and the car will be 4 years old in May. Fair enough, I've only owned it two years and the car was almost 2 years old when I bought it 'new', but it's a fantastic drive and I absolutely love the attention the car gets! Still got loads of rubber left on the original tyres on the back end and probably about another 3 to 5000 miles left on the original front tyres, so I'll have to change those before the MOT.

Anyway, regards to all!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.