well I'm not happy !
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, well I'm not happy ! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; had to nip around to my mum's yesterday on the way to work and had a head to head with ...
    S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

well I'm not happy !

had to nip around to my mum's yesterday on the way to work and had a head to head with another car.

Car can't be collected until Monday

so whats the better on it ? will they fix it or write it off as parts are hard to come by
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9D Elegance Wagon Auto

Re: well I'm not happy !

OH Dear S70 so sorry I hope no one was hurt .. please keep us updated on the insurance as best of luck with getting it back on the road mate!!

cheers

T

I'm fine it was from my point of view a low speed impact there car was worse.

their air bags went off mine didnt.

Garage was mean to pick up car yesterday but it'll be picked up Monday

Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Really sorry to hear this.I hope you can get it back on the road soon.Why does it have to happen to a car that is treasured?Hope this cloud has a silver lining!

I actually think i'd prefer to have it written off, I bet the parts will be a bugger to get hold of.

BM have a couple of BLS's in that I like the look of, I think they might be the TTiD models with 180BHP

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Really sorry to hear about your troubles and I'm glad you're ok. Things could be even worse for all of us now. I see SAAB have now actually filed for bankruptcy. Quite what that means for us BLS owners, goodness only knows. I had an exchange of several emails with the agent in Sweden, none of which were helpful whatsoever. They left me with a feeling of utter despair. The only thing those of us with warranties still running on our motors, is that hopefully, GM will still honour them for the remainder of the warranty period. I have read some awful stuff on the internet about SAAB owners who have only just bought their vehicles and the alleged implications concerning their manufacturer warranty.

If you need parts/body panels, Google BLS Breaking. There are a couple of scrappies with one in. You may be able to source parts from them and get them sprayed up/fitted. I know it's a bit extreme, but if you have the space, might be worth buying another BLS and using it or your old one for spare parts. I'm actually considering doing just that.

I had my own little bump a couple of weeks back. Accidentally drove over a virtually hidden concrete post which if I hadn't been only doing 1mph, would have ripped my front faring right off. I already had two scrapes in the same area from numpties in car parks reversing out and clipping my faring. What is the matter with these morons! I'm extremely lucky, I have a body shop just a mile away from where I live. He's quoted me 150 quid all in including respray of the left hand side of the faring which will sort out all three scrapes. Not a bad price seeing as I'm going to have to pay for it out of my own pocket.

if they do write it off they may be doing me a favour !

I think parts are going to be very hard to get !

The news has come, it's a write off !

new bonnet = £1k then needs painting
    2 new headlights - £750 each !
    front bumber £800 and then needs painting
    new radiator !

so it's been written off !

what car next ?

Saab 9-3 TTiD Aero 180 ?

ajp558 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Elegance 1.9D Wagon

Wow! I am surprised. Not just at the prices, but that they deem those to be of such a cost that the car is a write-off. The headlights looked okay in the picture. I guess that for £750 each they must be made of diamonds. Repair costs in this country are outrageous, perhaps fueled by the insurance industry which pays rip-off prices for repairs, replacement parts, and loan cars for many months while garages take their time and rake in the cash. All paid for by our premiums.

I really hope that they offer you a valuation for your car which doesn't just add insult to injury. I have no idea what I would do in your position, but I would be gutted to lose my Caddy, and I know I could not afford to buy anything with a similar spec to replace it.

Good luck.

t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

Bad luck - I would be interested to see how they handle the settlement value. I hope they treat you fairly.

Tong is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9D Elegance Wagon Auto

That adds up to about 4 grand .. the car must be worth that at least ... surely you could insist that they pay for the repairs and then if you don't want to keep it it would be saleable for likely more than the insurance payout .. There are different categories of "write off" (google insurance write off) you might want to ask them which it is .. at least get their reasoning for writing it off.

best
    T

Looks like I#m moving to 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero TTID auto

just got to get the AA to do a full inspection on the car

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

750 quid each for new headlights? Ummm, something smells. They look intact in the photo? Someone was actually flogging a brand new BLS headlight on the well known auction site a few weeks back for 20 quid. The only reason I didn't buy it, was because the part number on the label was different to my own. I think it's because I have the Xenon headlights and the one he was flogging was not xenon. I've already bought a pair of rear light clusters for 100 quid, just in case some idiot breaks one. At fifty quid each, it's worth having them just in case. I would hate to wonder how much brand new ones cost!

Obviously it's difficult to tell from the photograph, but that bonnet looks perfectly repairable. A good bodyshop can do fantastic work with metal and they have proper bonding materials for bumpers etc. If it were mine, I would have probably got the repairs done myself. Admittedly, the grille is beyond repair, but I'd have done what many a boy racer modder would have done and made my own! Seriously, I understand you are probably glad to be shot of it, but it's still sad that an insurance company will just write off what is otherwise a perfectly good car.

I had to go get my stuff out of the car on Saturday and the bonet has quiet a few kinks in it and the headlights are both cracked/smashed at the base of the units.
    the Bumper is a right mess which I think they added to when collecting it on the tow truck.

the rest of the car is in perfect condition

UPDATE

I'm off to see a Saab 9-3SS Aero TTiD Auto on Sunday, deposit already down.

Car is well unmder the budget I had set myself so if everything ok with tit I'll buy and I have money to play with so I think the Hirsch upgrade is an option now to push it to 200bhp

other party insurance wont accept 50-50 blame so my insurance company telling them where to go !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.