Spare wheel for BLs
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Spare wheel for BLs in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi I don't like the idea of the puncture repair kit so I am looking for a spare wheel. Will ...
    petetop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls se

Spare wheel for BLs

Hi
    I don't like the idea of the puncture repair kit so I am looking for a spare wheel. Will a Saab 9-3 wheel fit a 1.9 diesel 58 plate Cadillac, and I read in a previous thread if you want a workshop manual get a Saab 9-3 manual.
    Is everything compatible between saab 9-3 and Cadillac bls' ie. brake pads etc.
    Sorry to ask lots of questions but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info on the BLs about.
    Regards and thanks
    Pete

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Peter K is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Wagon Elegance 1.9 (180) auto

Re: Spare wheel for BLs

Hi Pete,
    I have a spare BLS manual pack if you are interested give me a call on 07590255097

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

You could do what I did and scour the scrapyards online for an original Cadillac BLS alloy wheel. I got a fantastic grade A alloy with a decent Goodyear tyre for 80 quid. It fits in the wheel well perfectly and I recently had to use it when I got a puncture. Alternatively, you could buy a SAAB space saver wheel. I have one of these also and it fits fine.

Belgium is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Hi,
    For a spare wheel you can use be a wheel for Saab, fits perfectly. On a Caddilac BLS Jantes on a Cadillac BLS is in Smole characters written Saab.
    That says enough
    Most engine parts are the same than Saab or Vauxhall (vauxall) Vectra with this engine.
    If you are looking for engine parts please use the engine code, not Cadillac BLS.
    For a diesel engine, the code is 19DTH
    Some dealers claim that they cant restore this car. This is nonsense. It's a Vectra or a Saab 9-3 with another coat.
    Tech2 is often not necessary. You can erase codes by disconnecting the battery for a quarter of an hour
    Saab and Opel (Vauxall) dealers know this engine perfectly. Also its weak spots.Probably even better than a Cadillac dealership because this engine is only sold in the BLS.

Tony S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9 TDi

Evening!!
    I've recently bought a BLD TDi, but it has no spare wheel, just the compressor and bottle of goo.
    Now, looking on Ebay I see that Saab spare wheels are a bit pricy, but Vauxhall Vectra ones are as cheap as anything. The bolt pattern is the same - 5 bolt, 110 BCD. Is there anything else I need to know before bidding on one?

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

I think somebody else on here bought a saab wheel, just check om here.

Any pictures of yur BLS ?

I miss mine :-(

I still have my Saab spacesaver on the wall in my garage. I ought to stick it on ebay or something to get rid of it. I'll never use it now. I've had to use the 16 inch genuine Cadddy/Saab alloy a couple of times and I keep it in the wheel well at all times anyway. Never ever use a can of goo for a punctured tyre unless you are super desparate or don't have a spare to put on. Once you use the goo, the tyre is ruined and it will need changing anyway.

I'm still running with my winter wheels on at the moment, best bargains I ever bought. For those that aren't aware, Vauxhall Vectra 16 inch steel rims fit perfectly, just make sure you choose the correct PCD/ET etc. Currently looking for two new front summer tyres for my alloys. I was going to put Cooper Zeon's on, but now I'm leaning toward Goodyear Efficient Grip in 235/45r17 94w. I did think about sticking with Pirelli's but the new Cinturato P7's are just too expensive for the miles I do. I can pick up new old stock Pirelli P7's the same as fitted to the car new and they are reasonably cheap at £114, trouble is, they will be 'new' old stock, so likely the tyres will be a couple of years old already and I want NEW tyres that are only a few months old from manufacture.

S70RMP, there are some fantastic low priced BLS's out there if you fancy returning to the fold! I'm still buying spare parts for mine, mostly service items at the moment. Just picked up a genuine GM fuel filter for 10 quid, another set of genuine GM rear brake pads (Vauxhall) £17, pollen filter, a fiver. Service items for these cars are so cheap once you've taken the time to sit down and cross reference the Vauxhall/Saab part numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by ExRPO1 View Post
    S70RMP, there are some fantastic low priced BLS's out there if you fancy returning to the fold! I'm still buying spare parts for mine, mostly service items at the moment. Just picked up a genuine GM fuel filter for 10 quid, another set of genuine GM rear brake pads (Vauxhall) £17, pollen filter, a fiver. Service items for these cars are so cheap once you've taken the time to sit down and cross reference the Vauxhall/Saab part numbers.
    I actually checked with Hirsch Last week to see if the BLS TTiD 180 could have the Hirsch power upgrade installed on it but the reply back was no, so I'll stick with the 9-3 at the moment.

I was reading rumours the other day that europe is getting the ATS with a TD engine but they are not saying what it will be, I'm hoping for a smooth 3lt TDi which I'd be very tempted for.

I suspect Hirsch won't actually do the BLS because they've never had anyone ask them before. Personally, I don't see why it wouldn't work, they are probably just being very cautious and can't offer a guarantee for the job. For example, when I had my front parking sensors fitted, the installer was worried that they wouldn't link into the CANBUS correctly. He worked it as for a Saab 9-3 and everything has been fine, no issues whatsoever. It's like when I eventually have retro-fit DRL's, they will be wired as for a Saab.

Personally, I'd leave the remapping thing alone, unless of course you are happy to pay for the increase in your insurance premium. Please don't say you wouldn't tell, I've had mates who've lost a lot of money by not declaring mods when their cars have been badly damaged or totalled. Insurance and accident investigators can be very very thorough!

This is the reply I got back from them :

Hello Paul

Unfortunately didn't we offer any adaptation fort he BLS even as the engine is the same.

Best regards

Manfred Lenherr
    Sales & Marketing Director
    Hirsch Performance AG

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.