Front windows
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Front windows in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Both front windows had opened overnight by themselves and stayed down.Anyone experienced this or can give explanation?Started car and door ...
    Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Front windows

Both front windows had opened overnight by themselves and stayed down.Anyone experienced this or can give explanation?Started car and door window switches closed windows without problem.Otherwise perfect car with 15000m.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Re: Front windows

Thats sounds very strange, are you sure they were closed ?

Good question .Neither myself or wife are 100% sure but I am sure we would have noticed both windows open.I wonder if I inadvertently pressed the remote control key and "comfort opening" on page 97 of the manual occurred.However this relates to all windows.

BlackBox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009er 2.0 T FlexFuel Waggon

Quote Originally Posted by S70RMP View Post
    Thats sounds very strange, are you sure they were closed ?

Please keep in mind that if you press the button on your key longer that the front windows will go down... even to full if you just pressed the button long enough that they start to move and you released it after the start of the movement.

BlackBox

chrise is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Black BLS

I had same thing happen on my BLS a year or so ago and thankfully it hasn't happened again since - returned to car after work to find both front windows totally open! Immediately checked glovebox etc and amazingly nothing had been touched. Car was still locked and alarmed and hadn't been triggered. Pretty lucky considering it was parked on a street on outskirts of town centre only yards from courthouse and police station. Never found out how it happened.

My anti-pinch goes balls up quite frequently with windows bouncing back open and needs to be unplugged at the doorjamb before recalibrating as procedure in manual doesn't work. Happened first day as I drove the car home and had to go back to have it sorted, but it still happens every few months which can be a pain particularly if its raining or if the wife has the car.

It's the newest car I've ever owned but I've never had anything before that has had so many things go wrong or break so quickly!

Thanks for all the responses .The rear windows are in the "locked up position" and the front window problem has not recurred.Must have been my fault by pressing the key incorrectly!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.