HELP - European Certificate of Conformance - registering a Cadillac BLS in France
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, HELP - European Certificate of Conformance - registering a Cadillac BLS in France in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Help! Has anyone tried registering a Cadillac in France? I've recently moved to live here and in order to register ...
    Cairnburn1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

AngryHELP - European Certificate of Conformance - registering a Cadillac BLS in France

Help! Has anyone tried registering a Cadillac in France? I've recently moved to live here and in order to register my car i need a Certificate of Conformance. I've finally tracked down a place in the Netherlands that can issue one to me for a charge 160euros. This seems exorbitant for what is just a piece of paper. Can anyone advise me on this matter. I've been very satisfied with Cadillacs up until now but i fear after this episode that I'll not be buying them again.

Anyone able to comment/help?

regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Re: HELP - European Certificate of Conformance - registering a Cadillac BLS in Franc

Hi,have you contacted GM customer assistance centre in Sweden.

Tel 800 86 80 88 00

Fax 46 8 680 88 30

marie-louise.swardenheim@klintbergway.com

BlackBox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009er 2.0 T FlexFuel Waggon

Re: HELP - European Certificate of Conformance - registering a Cadillac BLS in Franc

Hmm,

doesn't this paper have to delivered with the car?

I have one but there is my VIN on it. I had it also for the previos car (BMW).
    This is required by / from the EU (i think).

Maybe your dealer still has it and it was forgotten?

Regards

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

vetguru is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

They were supplied new when you bought a car new from Stratstones in the UK, And yes you may have to pay that high price for a new. But why would you not buy a Cadillac again? Seems a strange thing to say every car you take to frnace would have to havethe same thing done! It's not Cadillac's fault you don't have one, I take it you never bought the car new otherwise you would have it from Stratstones. Seems odd to blaim Cadillac. Just pay the money and stop moaning.

Cairnburn1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Thank you vetguru.
    FYI The COC is not required to register a car in the UK - it's a different system. I didn't buy the car new from Stratstones. Also, I had no trouble getting a COC for my Hondas in France for free. I guess those are the the reasons I feel like 'moaning' about the disappointing Cadillac European customer service.
    Happy days!

8. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.