30,000 mile report
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, 30,000 mile report in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Regular viewers will no that I took delivery of my BLS Wagon 150 manual on Dec 24th 2009. Mine is ...
    cadillac londoner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS TDI WAGON

30,000 mile report

Regular viewers will no that I took delivery of my BLS Wagon 150 manual on Dec 24th 2009.

Mine is a company car and subsequently I am a very high mileage driver as you can see.

I have now reached 30,000 miles in 10 and a half months with the usual mixture of motorway and obviously living in the smoke lots of urban driving.

The car has been extremely reliable and has not caused me any grief of any note.

The only time I have required any attention was from squeaking front discs that just needed to be skimmed.

I am still on all 4 original tyres, in fact I had these checked the other day and I still have 4mm on the fronts! (they are Pirelli's, do we all get those from new?).

I have had to have a replacement windscreen due to the poor maintenance of roads in this country, nothing to do with the car.

The car averages 46.3 on standard diesel and 47.8 if using premium diesel.

The paint work appears to be of an extremely high quality with very little stone chip damage or scratches etc.

The car is proving not only to be an extremely comfortable companion but also a very reliable workhorse which is exactly what I need.

So no news is good news, do not worry about the reliability of your BLS in the future too much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: 30,000 mile report

That's good to hear. How has dealer service been?

elman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Thumbs up Re: 30,000 mile report

Hello ! Happy to hear that
    My BLS is 8 months old and 7000 miles...but i'm happy enough with it.
    Unfortunately till now i have one big observation to do about. My ABS system is working to fast! I mean at every stronger break the ABS is working and car is stopped to slow in my opinion. I tried to change the original tires but still the same. Is it ok ? Is doing same to you? I'm very curios because if not i'm planning to change also the original breaks with bigger disks.
    Aaaa....also, one observation regarding my gear box! Sometimes the smell is to strong from it if the street gradient is high. Any advice? Tks and have a good and safe drive

ajp558 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Elegance 1.9D Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by elman View Post
    Hello ! Happy to hear that
    My BLS is 8 months old and 7000 miles...but i'm happy enough with it.
    Unfortunately till now i have one big observation to do about. My ABS system is working to fast! I mean at every stronger break the ABS is working and car is stopped to slow in my opinion. I tried to change the original tires but still the same. Is it ok ? Is doing same to you? I'm very curios because if not i'm planning to change also the original breaks with bigger disks.
    Aaaa....also, one observation regarding my gear box! Sometimes the smell is to strong from it if the street gradient is high. Any advice? Tks and have a good and safe drive
    ABS on my BLS does kick in a little sooner than I think my other cars might have, but I put that down to better rubber on my Seat Cupra and Porsche Boxster.

When you replaced the front tyres did you go for something with more grip than the original tyres?

Also, could the colder weather be a factor? Under 7C normal rubber is pretty poor compared to winter tyres, but here in the UK most people just stick with the same tyres all year round.

Mitch_Syd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1973 fleetwood brougham, 1974 sed deville, 1976 eldo convert

great thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.