Want a Saab engine (Saab turbo engine cover badge) in exchange for your Cadillac one?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Want a Saab engine (Saab turbo engine cover badge) in exchange for your Cadillac one? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Want to trade engines, your Cadillac engine for my Saab engine? Ok, we wouldn't be trading engines, just the badge ...
    Dave 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Want a Saab engine (Saab turbo engine cover badge) in exchange for your Cadillac one?

Want to trade engines, your Cadillac engine for my Saab engine? Ok, we wouldn't be trading engines, just the badge that snaps on to the engine cover. That way, you can have Saab engine in your BLS and a Cadillac engine in my Saab.

If no response, I sometimes visit saabworld.net, which is a small place on the web.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Billy1958 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls wagon

Re: Want a Saab engine (Saab turbo engine cover badge) in exchange for your Cadillac

Thought drugs were illegal... not read anything from a tosser for ages.... but entertaining anyway....!

bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

Re: Want a Saab engine (Saab turbo engine cover badge) in exchange for your Cadillac

I just don't really understand the point....................................

Dave 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by bigcul1 View Post
    I just don't really understand the point....................................
    The point is to exchange engine badges. See this picture. By snapping it off, you can replace your Cadillac engine with a Saab engine and vice versa. I'd love to have a Cadillac engine to show people!

bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

.............but would we want a Saab engine cover? I for one would not. The reason for buying a Cadillac is its something different. Imagine the wows I would get from my friends if I had a Saab engine..................(not that I get any wows from my Cadillac engine cover but thats beside the point). Why dont you trade your Swede in a get an American tinted Swede? Solve your problem straight away.

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

I think I will stick to my Caddy engine cover too. Looking at the picture above, that engine aint the same as mine anyway. For my own, if I really wanted one, I could swap it for a Saab, Vauxhall, Alfa or Fiat 1.9 TDI cover, but as has already been stated, there's no point. If I want to see the SAAB name, I just look at my VIN plate!

Billy1958 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls wagon

I see the point..... I'd never spend 20 odd thousand quid on a Saab 93 sportswagon...... and I haven't.... I've spent £ 14,000 on something above Saabs top of the range... and its a Cadillac and that makes me feel brilliant.... so I now like both companies, even if one is a 95% derivative. I smile every time I get into it!

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

Billy,

Yup, ok, you are of course right, we got a bargain, can't argue on that. And yes, I too actually look forward to getting in my motor every time I go to work. It feels great when I'm driving down the M1 just like I was coming back from Leeds today and every car driver that passed me couldn't resist having a look because the car IS different to the rest of the run of the mill garbage out there. My boss has a car with a big star on the front and he absolutely hates my car because he paid 38 grand for it and at 14 grand mine is so much better than his it tears his heart out!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.