window pinch system
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, window pinch system in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hello fellow caddy guys,having a bit of trouble with window bounce back [pinch]goes all the way up then goes 1/4 ...
    billynic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

window pinch system

hello fellow caddy guys,having a bit of trouble with window bounce back [pinch]goes all the way up then goes 1/4 way down,i,ve tried all it says in the manual to no avail apparently you have to take it to a dealer to sort it out,can anybody help,much appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

Re: window pinch system

Oh its a right c0ck on. I had the same problem in IKEA car park the other day. Went up 3/4 of the way then back down again. Basically I didnt have time to figure it out but wanted to go into IKEA so gently without using 1 touch close nudged the window almost to the top with the switch. Shut the door, locked the car, went to IKEA, came out and drove home. On the way home I could hear the wind whistling through the window so tried to close again, pushed the button, 1 touch and it nudged close. Window works fine now. All I can deduce from this is to nudge it to almost the top, lock, leave for 30 mins, unlock, drive for 15 mins, try closing, if it closes without rolling down again it should have reset itself. On the flip side you may have a piggin big bit of cr@p on or in the roller machanism, clean out and pinch protect should stop.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcul1 View Post
    Oh its a right c0ck on. I had the same problem in IKEA car park the other day. Went up 3/4 of the way then back down again. Basically I didnt have time to figure it out but wanted to go into IKEA so gently without using 1 touch close nudged the window almost to the top with the switch. Shut the door, locked the car, went to IKEA, came out and drove home. On the way home I could hear the wind whistling through the window so tried to close again, pushed the button, 1 touch and it nudged close. Window works fine now. All I can deduce from this is to nudge it to almost the top, lock, leave for 30 mins, unlock, drive for 15 mins, try closing, if it closes without rolling down again it should have reset itself. On the flip side you may have a piggin big bit of cr@p on or in the roller machanism, clean out and pinch protect should stop.
    well i never ,just got my car back from its 1st service was about to try ur procedure,one touch was,nt working did what it said in the manual keep finger on button whilst raising lt up and down a couple of times until i got confirmation tone,it,s working perfick now,answer was disconnect battery this means you have to recalibrate as in book, hope this was helpful to my fellow caddy guys

bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

Glad you got it sorted pal

cheers mate

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.