First service Report
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, First service Report in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    cadillac londoner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS TDI WAGON

First service Report

Had my 1.9tdi Wagon serviced as per previous posts.

Serviced at Saab City near to Tower of London.

Can only give 100% praise and recommendation on the service and treatment I was given.
    Was greeted on entering their vast car park by a concierge who took my keys.

At service reception there were two delightful and helpful young ladies who went through the paperwork.

During the day they telephoned me to advise of the service progress and when the car would be ready.

Upon collection the car had been washed and vacuumed.

The service book was stamped.

The total cost for this intermediate service was £286 including VAT.

This was cheaper than the servicing on my previous Renault.

The car created some interest in the car park and seemed to be the first BLS they had seen.

So just to confirm I was very pleased and would advise any of you out there to use Saab City if you are in the SE and all of you not to be wary of using a Saab dealer.

While I was there I saw a new 95, what a cracking futuristic car that looks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Re: First service Report

£286 and inside London that sounds like a very good deal.

I'm not that sure on the enw 95 they had one in the garage I had mine serviced and I was keen on it

Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Thanks for posting.All info is valuable.I am based in Northampton and my biggest worry regarding this car is servicing.However Saab at Nottingham have made contact re Cadillac servicing(01159409642) and this is likely to be my choice.If there are any Cadillac "servicers " out there why not post on this forum for business!!!

bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

Cheers for all the info. I tried Alexanders Saab in Teesside and they wouldnt touch my Caddy. Will continue to search for a good reliable source for servicing but in the mean time just did it myself, oil, air, pollen and fuel filters are easy to change. Parts cost:

Oil = £18
    Oil Filter £8.99
    Air Filter £12.99
    Pollen Filter £14.99
    Fuel Filter £16.50
    Brake Pads £52

Total Cost £123.47 + 4 Hours of my time on a sunday.

Billy1958 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls wagon

The Vauxhall garage in Banbury now service Saab.... New Saab sign... they are happy to service my BLS wagon when it is due... give them a ring. Have you spoke with the Cadillac workshop in Milton Keynes?

I spoke with a couple of Saab garages and they were funny about it until I told them I knew they had sold the BLS themselves.

all I got off them was we dont have the USA systems, so I had to tell them the BLS was built on the same production line as the 9-3 !
    then they were like oh really how do you know that ? easy reply look on wikipedia it tells you !

Thanks Billy1958.Although my service is not yet due I telephoned the Cadillac workshop in Milton Keynes(01908288658) and they will service a BLS.Great,I now have a choice of at least two service centres.

did they give you any prices ?

Hi S70RMP,as my next service is not due for several months I did not discuss service costs.

Billy1958 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls wagon

They don't seem to provide set price services,at least that was the last time i spoke to them. Mine is now 7 months old and only 3K on the clock... still enjoying it, only tiny niggle is slight speaker vibration at loud vlomes from driver door side.... will have to find out how to remove the door moulding to pack out in some way. Other than that... all in perfect order.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.