BLS 1.9TTD, Oil pressure lamp at engine ignition?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, BLS 1.9TTD, Oil pressure lamp at engine ignition? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Dear all, last year I got my brand new BLS 1.9 TTD model 2009. Since acouple of time it shows ...
    rritter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS TTD1.9 (May 2009)

BLS 1.9TTD, Oil pressure lamp at engine ignition?

Dear all,
    last year I got my brand new BLS 1.9 TTD model 2009. Since acouple of time it shows a very strange behavior. Just a fraction after ignition the engine, the oil pressure lamp flashes one time on. Every thing else is ok - enough oil - the engine sounds as usual - it works.

They changed the oil pressure sensor, and it was away for 5'000Km - now it's back again

Do some one has ever seen this phenomenon before?

Thanks in advance for your information.

Cheers, Rolf

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Re: BLS 1.9TTD, Oil pressure lamp at engine ignition?

Hi not seen this issue my self, I'm guessing that your oil level is right and your not too low.

Is the car started on a hill or a slant ?

Hi, thaks a lot for your answer. No, oil level is correct, and the car is horizontally in his box
    Cheers, Rolf

bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

Yeah mine does it too. Not all the time but does blink on and off occasionally after ignition. As i seem to be finding all sorts of issues with mine just put it down to one of those things. These cars do seem to be incredibly sensitive to sensors etc. I have only just managed to get me engine warning light to go off. Took 3 trips to Bauer Millet in Manchester just to fix 2 exhaust sensors which stopped the DPF regenerating properly. I wouldn't mind but Manchester is 280 mile round trip for me. No other dealerships up North and SAAB/Vauxhall wont touch due to different tech 2 settings. Hmm I digress...........back to the original point, I had my oil change 2500 miles ago so i doubt its to do with level/viscosity etc

Hi, at least mine seems not to be the only one with such a strange behavior. Yea, the oil level, even I have him on the upper mark every time, may be one of the reasons.
    On the park place in front of my office it's slghtly down hill, I never seen this short blink - to morrow I try to park uphill for a couple of days - lets see what happens.

Except this oil lamp blinking at the engine start - thise car is an absolute direct hit from my point of view.

Thanks for your info
    Cheers, Rolf

Red face Re: BLS 1.9TTD, Oil pressure lamp at engine ignition?

Seems I was wrong. Rolf, please check your oil levels and viscosity. It turns out that on the diesel BLS if the Diesel Particle Filter fails to regenerate then a small amout of diesel can find its way through the piston rings and into the sump, mixing with the oil. This causes the oil level to rise and the viscosity level to drop. The oil eventually looks like black water. I have had a fault with my DPF and have had to change my oil twice in 10,000 miles. There is also an agreed way to drive these cars (infact all new diesel cars) to ensure the DPF does not clog. I will detail this in a separate post.

Thank you so much for your valuable information! - so, if i did understand you, it's maybe the case that the disel particle filter regeneration presently doesn't work!?
    How ever, I'll contact inmediately my dealer. That some times they has problems with this particle filter regeneration seems a known problem, but nobody was able to tellme how it apears.

I'm locking forward to your drive guide.

Kindly regards
    Rolf

It may be working but just not completing. Read the drive guide and see if this is how you drive at the moment. On my BLS which is a 2006 I have no idea when the DPF will regen. There is no light to tell me. Im not sure if they fixed this for later releases. It may be worth checking your hand book.

I'll follow your informations, - and keep you informed about this Issue.

Do you also have a name?

Kindly regards
    Rolf

Rolf

My name is Andrew. Let me know how you get on and if you have any further problems. I will aim to post any problems I am having along with solutions. Saab and Vauxhall forums are also a useful tool as our Cadillacs share the same engine as a 93 and Vectra C.

Hello Andrew,
    for next Friday they will upgrade motor management firmware received from Saab just yesterday. At the same time they have to measure the oil viscosity.

How ever, we should also take in consideration that if we get diesel mixed in to the oil, the oil level doesn't decrease - and how lower the viscosity the engine would increase noise - and all that is definitely not the case.

I'll keep you up to day - I also will try to get the specifications of the new firmware.

I'll send you my private mail address (please for your personal use only)

Kindly regards
    Rolf

Good morning Andrew,
    sorry for this long time without my announced report – I'm pretty busy on my job.

My dealer told me that they got "new" motor management software to solve the problem. So, they did analyze the oil for quality, viscosity, abrasion residues percentage – the oil didn't contain definitely any diesel – from this side seems everything is ok!

They also perform an upgrade of some software, with the intention to adjust the hyper sensitivity of this sensor – but without success. The day after I had same behavior as before - just a fraction after ignition the engine, the oil pressure lamp flashes one time on.

That’s all for the moment

Andrew, sorry but I was not able to send you a personal message, because I didn't write sufficient posts to get free this feature.

Kindly regards,
    Rolf

greebo12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigcul1 View Post
    Yeah mine does it too. Not all the time but does blink on and off occasionally after ignition. As i seem to be finding all sorts of issues with mine just put it down to one of those things. These cars do seem to be incredibly sensitive to sensors etc. I have only just managed to get me engine warning light to go off. Took 3 trips to Bauer Millet in Manchester just to fix 2 exhaust sensors which stopped the DPF regenerating properly. I wouldn't mind but Manchester is 280 mile round trip for me. No other dealerships up North and SAAB/Vauxhall wont touch due to different tech 2 settings. Hmm I digress...........back to the original point, I had my oil change 2500 miles ago so i doubt its to do with level/viscosity etc
    Hi we take ours to the Cadillac's appointed agent and former dealer stratstones Birmingham, there is no reason why Vauxhall or Saab could not fix your problem and if you are still in warranty then it should have been done at no cost to you i have had valve sensor for the particle replaced on mine suggestion was to give the car a 40 minute high speed high rev run every week and use a quality desiel every 4th tank of fuel.i was advised by Cadillac customer service to steer clear of Bauer Millet as they where not customer friendly and wanted money up front for warranty work.

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Cadillac told yur to stay clear of Bauer Millet ?
    I have had work dones there and I think there pricing is to high but the work is good.
    I've got a new Saab dealer near me so I'll use that i think

Bauer Millet were extremley helpful and friendly. They did work for me under a 3rd party warranty I have and sorted out all the paperwork. I didnt pay for anything. I have a 3rd party warranty as my car is a 2006 plate BLS. On the particle filter issue, I do 500 miles per week all mostly moterway at 70MPH. My DPF regenerates every 2nd week after approx 1000 miles. It makes an appauling amount of smoke and takes around 15 mins to complete. I get some looks and occasionally people flashing me thinking my car is either a: on fire, b: blown a head gasket or c: the oil seals have gone and im burning vast amounts of oil. When I say its a manufacturer fitted process I get laughed at quite a lot. To be honest I wont be buying anything made by GM in the future as I feel you get what you pay for. Back to tried and trusted VW for me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.