Automatic Door Locking
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Automatic Door Locking in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; has anyone been able to get the car locked automatically (I know when I have travelled in a saab in ...
    iaincr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9D (180)

Automatic Door Locking

has anyone been able to get the car locked automatically (I know when I have travelled in a saab in canada the door locks a few seconds after the car starts moving)/

Interestingly if you look at the Cadillac BLS brochure it lists as a feature
    "power door locks with programmable automatic locking"

http://www.cadillaceurope.com/pdf/Cadillac_en.pdf
    page 10.

I didnt ever manage to get the proper cadillac service and warranty book through motorpoint, trying with GM europe direct now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Re: Automatic Door Locking

I wanted this when I got mine

I asked at the 1st service if this could be done but they couldn't find
    how to do it.

I'd like this feature.

BlackBox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009er 2.0 T FlexFuel Waggon

I'm missing that too....

Maybe it is just a code thing in the general control unit.
    It is amazing what other manufacturers do in / with this black box. Some even just program the differences for the country versions in this box.

Even amazing: if you lock the car with the button you can't open the door from the inside if you use the normal open handle! In most cars I know this is no problem. Safety issue?
    Thought already about a second button for locking / unlocking at the co-passenger door panel....

Thorsten

bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

The Tech 2 system used at Cadillac Dealerships should be able to reprogram the door lock system. If you have a google search for Saab tech 2 lists on the forums there are literally hundereds of different settings. Am sure the Cadillac options are as detailed.

bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

The Tech 2 system used at Cadillac Dealerships should be able to reprogram the door lock system. If you have a google search for Saab tech 2 lists on the forums there are literally hundereds of different settings. Am sure the Cadillac options are as detailed.

Peter K is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Wagon Elegance 1.9 (180) auto

Hi iaincr,
    When I bought my BLS from Motorpoint I also had problems getting the hand books from Motorpoint, so bought set from Stratstone cost me £60. Did not give up fighting Motorpoint and after many months i finally got the full pack inc blank service book in nice wallet. Are you interesting in buying from me for £40 + postage, if so please call me on 07590 255097
    regards
    Pete

ExRPO1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLSd 150hp 2009

I realise I've mentioned this in my 'too good to be true' post, but for those that haven't read it, I've just had the auto lock feature enabled on mine on its first service. Apparently, not available on all models of the BLS. The trick is to ask if you want it enabled.

BlackBox is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009er 2.0 T FlexFuel Waggon

Hey,

thanks for sharing this info!

I know what is on my list for the first service.

Thorsten

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.