Setting up bluetooth phone in BLS wagon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Setting up bluetooth phone in BLS wagon in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi - more help needed with the technology please. I have a skype s2 mobile phone on 3 network. It ...
    Cailean is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac BLS Elegance 1.9d (180) 5dr

Setting up bluetooth phone in BLS wagon

Hi - more help needed with the technology please. I have a skype s2 mobile phone on 3 network. It has bluetooth so I have linked it to my BLS following the instructions in the infotainment manual and those that accompanied the mobile. The connection has been made and the car recognises the phone an the phone recognises the car. I can just put the phone in the boot or glovebox or indeed sling it anywhere in the car or just keep it in my pocket and make calls using the voice recognition system or choose to accept or decline incoming calls by the steering wheel buttons. That all works fine. However, I had expected my list of contacts stored in the phone to appear in the DIC and to be able to scroll through them but I just get the message 'phone book empty' displayed. Am I missing something? Is there a way to export the phone book from the phone to the car (or import the phone book to the car from the phone). Is it just that my pay as you go Skype S2 phone on 3 network doesn't support this function? Any techie out there know the answer to this one. Help and advice much appreciated yet again.
    Cheers, Cailean

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Re: Setting up bluetooth phone in BLS wagon

Have you had a look on SAAB forums ? I remember seeing something on there a while back. I've just got my iPhone linked in via a nokia Bluetooth kit. I still need to do the software update gm29 iPod interface so it will charge the phone

rritter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS TTD1.9 (May 2009)

Re: Setting up bluetooth phone in BLS wagon

Dear Cailean,
    I have a BLS TTDI1.9 from May 2009, with the same behavior - every thing via Bluetooth working, except showing and useig the phone book.
    The problem was detected shortly: when the Bluetooth Rvision level of our Cadillac is to far (newer) than the one from the phone, there will not be availlable all funtionality.

I did change my mobile phone to a type which the Blutooth is at revision 2.0 - now I can show the phone book also on the 'DIC' - the phone book is reloaded on every new connection.
    My mobile phone supports also voice commands - every thing works fine.
    The BLS 2009 version supports also dialing by voice command - did you test that?
    Best Regards, Rolf

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.