62.7 mpg
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, 62.7 mpg in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I decided at the last minute yesterday to go and see the Dave Matthews Band in Birmingham yesterday, so I ...
    S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

62.7 mpg

I decided at the last minute yesterday to go and see the Dave Matthews Band in Birmingham yesterday, so I 95% filled the BLS and set off from Manchester just before entering the motorway while sat at the lights decided to reset the onboard puter and see what mpg I could get. Decided to take it easy as I had a bit of time before show time so sat when possible just doing 60-70 mph. Checked the puter and it said I was doing 54 ish mpg but just before I got to birmingham checked again and I saw 62.7 I have pic on my phone which I'll get off tomorrow. Now I reckon I could have got better but the autobox wouldn't change up to 6th when in road works while doing 50mph it would sit in 5th. I need to do a bit of research to see if there's anything that can be done to the gear box to make if work better.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ajp558 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Elegance 1.9D Wagon

Re: 62.7 mpg

Good figures, but I wonder what you normally get?

The best I can get with my 1,9d (150) Auto wagon with 1500 miles on the clock at present is about 47mpg. Running average is just 44mpg with mostly motorway miles. Not as good as I had been hoping.

I too notice that even when using the manual mode the auto box still changes down to 5th at a speed when I think it could coast along nicely in 6th. My previous car didn't have the computer. Since getting the BLS I spent a lot of time trying to get best mpg I can as a kind of challenge by driving as smoothly as I can with gentle acceleration. It is almost an unhealthy obsession.

caddykev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 68 fleetwood-99 sts seville & 2010 BLS.

Hi All.
    Yeah, that 6th gear thing really pisses me off!! I just don't see the point of a ' manual ' box that won't let you select the gear you want?!?
    I don't quite understand why we have sooo many options on the gearchange anyway. Auto on the stick, manual on the stick AND manual on the wheel?
    My mpg is only 36.6!! That is with the wife driving to and from work and short journeys. I thought I would be seeing a few more mpg!
    The other option I don't get is why anyone would press voice command,then say "cd player" when you have a cd option on the touch screen at your fingertips? I must admit, I find some of the options a bit strange. I would rather skip all that nonsense and have heated rear seats or electric headrests?

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

here's the picture

also why does it have to be doing 40mph before you can go into 4th !
    Attached Images

Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

I am currently averaging 40 m.p.g.(180 auto).and am pleased with that.Only 1100 miles so far so it could improve.Slightly better than my 27 m.p.g. Mazda.
    However the Mazda will do 149 mph and 0-62 in 6.6 .Which is the best car--neither!!!!Wonder why I have driven the Cadillac most recently?It`s so comfortable.

70eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1970 Eldorado.

Just to let you know that the Semi-Automatic Manual shifting in the CTS and the SRX doesn't let you shift up or down outside its programmed limits either. I only use it to downshift to brake on the engine and be in the lower gear to get out the corner better. Otherwise it is just a superfluous feat.

So it's a Cadillac thing and not limited to the BLS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.