Motorpoint BLS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Motorpoint BLS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Their five BLS are not moving fast this time.Perhaps the 1.9D Auto (180)Wagon was the best buy....
    Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Motorpoint BLS

Their five BLS are not moving fast this time.Perhaps the 1.9D Auto (180)Wagon was the best buy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Motorpoint BLS

Maybe I posted too soon .Two of the five have been sold in the last couple of days.As production has ceased I wonder how many are left in storage.Although mine is an 08 build the preservation (wax etc) must have been good as I have not noticed any corrosive signs.I guess the Swedes need good weather protection.

caddykev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 68 fleetwood-99 sts seville & 2010 BLS.

@ Mazuk,
    Mine's an 08 build.
    I have noticed that the rear door window trim chrome is slightly cloudy in certain light. Also,as I have mentioned before,the reversing light lenses have minor algae in the very bottom of them which says to me that the car was standing outside for a fair while. Oh! and the radiator grille emblem enamel is very slightly tarnished! I'm being picky now! Lol.

LORD ALVIS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Hithere all. Greetings from a very depressed L.A. I've still not seen my car yet.Phoned motorpoint three times now and havebeen given a story that the central locking is faulty, and that they've had to send the car to the saab dealership in Derby for some work. Phoned the nearest two dealers for info, but neither have seen the car. Hmmmm!
    I hope the real reason isnt bodywork.
    supposedto be getting another update on monday,but I guess I'll have to phone them for it.
    Think of me,you guys,while your driving around in yours. Say a little caddy prayer for me.

L.A.
    While I sink into sumptuous leather,
    The electric seats numbing my bum,
    I can cruise in Godawful weather,
    In smoothness and quiet,having fun,
    But Dear God,I pray for Lord Alvis,
    His Caddy has gone on the run.
    I'm getting looks and winks and all this
    While Alvis is all sad and glum.
    Patient, your day will come my son.
    and you too will be having fun.
    Till then my friend, you'll have to wait.
    For when you get it, it will be great!!
    Please dear God, give him his Caddy,
    so he too can be ' The Daddy "
    Amen.

LORD ALVIS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Caddykev !! Your an artist and genius !!

Thanks, from the slightly less depressed L.A.

Billy1958 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls wagon

Mine was 2 weeks late and I knew more about the problem than Motorpoint. Mine had a wire problem in the back quarter light window... alarm system. Stratstone, Birminghan were good and kept me informed... in the end it was at the garage for 2 weeks waiting for a special solder... they replaced the window in the end. During this time I cancelled the car and was beginning to think the worst about my deposit... some issues of this nature had been posted on 'complaints/ problems with Motorpoint. In the end I re purchased the car... it had been driven around and had an extra 120 miles on clock. The experience was not good as m'point didn't keep me up to date at all with the situation.However, it was worth the wait as I am so pleased with the car... even if I'm waiting for the books. Hey, get them to knock off the transport cost, or better still... get it filled up! Once I drove to Peterborough ... an hour and half... and faced the deputy manager, they couldn't do enough... and the deposit was already back in my bank... good luck, keep us posted

Only 1 left. Not surprised considering expensive advertising in Sunday Times & Mail.Billy1958---how many miles so far and any problems/discoverys?

Hey,
    Just looked in the back of my service / warranty booklet. Make sure you all send off the breakdown section in the book on page 31 /32 to entitle you to recovery in the event of a breakdown. I have noticed mine hasn't been stamped by my dealer! ( page 29 ) Not sure if that part is important as the stamp stays with the book and not sent off to Sweden.
    I'll be on the old dog and bone in the mornin!!

This gets interesting.My book is not stamped either.I rang 0080033228877 (in the book) to see if I had cover. They took my reg. no. and said I had cover for 3 years .In the event of breakdown ring 0800 072 4791 which is different to 0800 220 539 quoted elsewhere.I think I will send page 31 anyway.Thanks again caddykev.

Quiz of the day-what Caddy is this?

Billy1958 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): bls wagon

No books so far but working things out!!! Only done 500 miles and everything good so far. Rolls a bit more than used to around corners but very pleased as I enjoy the gadgets... the sub woofer in wheel well still makes me laugh! The ntime I will start to get naffed off is when I have to put it into warranty... hopefully that wont happen.. sound from stereo is unbelievable.. have i got a 'one off'???

700 miles and no problems.I agree 100% about the "rolling" on B roads but I bought this as Mr Sensibles car and it has certainly lived up to expectations so far.Great all purpose car.I think we will be O.K. on warranty so long as willing to travel!

All five of the latest Motorpoint batch appear to have been sold.Were you a buyer?If so ,time to start posting on this forum.

The red 1/43 model is a 1937 Cadillac V16 with a special body by Hartmann.Model made in Ukraine!!!

@ Mazuk,
    Aww! I was just about to tell you what the model was! You've gone and spoilt it now!! Lol!
    Your model collection must be worth a fortune!
    How many Caddy models do you have exactly?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.