BLS Elegance Navigation DVD - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, BLS Elegance Navigation DVD in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello L.A.Yes ,a black(is it jet black or the non metallic black?) with parchment seats 1.9d(180) wagon.I believe it is ...
    Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

Re: BLS Elegance Navigation DVD

Hello L.A.Yes ,a black(is it jet black or the non metallic black?) with parchment seats 1.9d(180) wagon.I believe it is jet black.I originally agreed a 1.3.2010 reg. and was then told that all? had already been registered and I could have deposit back if required.I am glad I concluded purchase.

LORD ALVIS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Thanks for the reply Mazuk. I was expecting a 1/3/10 reg as well. Sounds like I should speak to them. Thanks for the info. Has the spec been what you expected?

caddykev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 68 fleetwood-99 sts seville & 2010 BLS.

L.A. Mazuk,
    Sounds a bit unfair if you've only just secured one.
    Maybe that's why they are cheap? Maybe they all had to be registered before the new 1/3/10 plates. When I bought mine ( 22/12/09 ) I was told that the batch that I bought from had to be registered for 09. Dunno why. Mine came from Truro diesels in Cornwall. I had a very smooth and efficient experience with them. They are Saab / Volvo dealers. I think they just bought a batch as a speculative purchase. I believe they have just bought some more. They had great success selling the last lot!!
    I'll be interested to see if you have a spare wheel in yours as opposed to the fart can tyre fix and mini compressor I got in mine.

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

so we going to have a Uk BLS Owners meetup ?

If anybody is interested I can supply xxxx@cadillacbls.co.uk email address

for a small yearly fee :-)

Mazuk is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS 180 Auto estate

L.A./CK
    The spec was as expected (originally told seats were black but on delivery they were parchment.No problem as I preferred parchment anyway.)The can/compressor appears standard,Not opened mine yet.I had seen a reference to 11 speakers on the internet somewhere.I have found 7 so far.11 probably applies to the V6.All docs are dated 2007 and VIN confirms 2008 model.

ajp558 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Elegance 1.9D Wagon

11 speakers probably includes the subwoofer in the spare wheel well. I haven't counted mine, I have just been enjoying the sound and playing with the options.

Checking the spec on mine, I didn't get the remote tyre pressure sensors. I think those were standard on the V6 only. I can live with it, I have put on some valve caps which show green and then go red if the pressure drops. A useful visual aid to save me from letting air out while trying to attach a pressure gauge every few weeks. I also didn't get a warning triangle in the boot which is mentioned in the user Guide, but may not be a standard thing anyway.

Well,
    It does seem that with the exception of a few minor niggles,we're all reasonably pleased with our babies. Things could be worse........ We could've bought a Toyota! Lol!

billynic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Cool Re: BLS Elegance Navigation DVD

Quote Originally Posted by LORD ALVIS View Post
    Green algae........ oohh! nobody likes the green algae.........

I'm hoping to get my "new" bls wagon from motor point in the next couple of weeks,and I guess I'll have the same 07 problem with the satnav. I'm thinking that the saab 9-3 disc will work the same. Am I right?? If so, there has got to be a cheap update disc knocking around on ebay? Sorry about the spelling, just come home from a really good resturant in newcastle emlyn......... Yes! we have a life out here!!!! peace and love... lord alvis.
    Hi i dont think the saab 9-3 disc will work,saab is i think a kenwood system,and the bls is cadillacs own,my son downloaded one of the internet,but it would,nt read it,

ajp558 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Elegance 1.9D Wagon

I would be surprised if the current Saab 9-3 Infotainment SAt Nav with touch screen is different from the Cadillac BLS Infotainment with touch screen as the user guides are identical apart from replacing the name Saab with Cadillac. Perhaps the Saab 9-3 disc your son downloaded was either for a different, older model, or it may be corrupt/ISO burnt incorrectly so that even a Saab 9-3 couldn't read it?

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

I wouldn't trust the ISO downloads for maps they are well known not to work

Hey Guys,
    Simple remedy for our out dated nat savs..............Stick to the old roads!!!! Lol!! OR, just go to places that have ' old ' sounding names. E.g. Hastings,or Chester. Avoid Milton Keynes though. Far too modern sounding! Happy motoring.

Quote Originally Posted by vetguru View Post
    The NAV unit is the same as the Saab 9-3 so just order a new one for a SAAB and it will be the same. Ask Stratstone in Birmingham they sell Saab and Cadillac!!
    can't belive the roads in the UK have changed that much in 2 years
    When ur a cabby,you certainly notice these things.30%of the. Screen is just grey Lines,but I'm working on the problem..another problem I've sorted out is I've done away with costly tyre inflation system just take Bose woofers out with all the mouldings ,place a spare wheel in (upside. Down).insert Bose back in,screw down with original screw,snug as a bug

Quote Originally Posted by caddykev View Post
    L.A. Mazuk,
    Sounds a bit unfair if you've only just secured one.
    Maybe that's why they are cheap? Maybe they all had to be registered before the new 1/3/10 plates. When I bought mine ( 22/12/09 ) I was told that the batch that I bought from had to be registered for 09. Dunno why. Mine came from Truro diesels in Cornwall. I had a very smooth and efficient experience with them. They are Saab / Volvo dealers. I think they just bought a batch as a speculative purchase. I believe they have just bought some more. They had great success selling the last lot!!
    I'll be interested to see if you have a spare wheel in yours as opposed to the fart can tyre fix and mini compressor I got in mine.
    Like i said in my other report,all you have to do is lift the round woofer out with all the padding, place a spare wheel in [upside down] put woofer insde wheel fasten down with original screw ,and bobs ur uncle...mines fine..[i will try and put a photo on]

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.