Getting a BLS 1.9TD in a week. Few questions:
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Getting a BLS 1.9TD in a week. Few questions: in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Woo hoo getting my BLS in the week. Its an early 06 1.9td one. Odd though as its an elegance ...
    bigcul1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TID

Getting a BLS 1.9TD in a week. Few questions:

Woo hoo getting my BLS in the week. Its an early 06 1.9td one. Odd though as its an elegance rather than a luxury. No leather but everything else including pioneer touch screen sat nav. I believe this was an early option does anybody have any details on it? Also how difficult are parts to get? Are most Saab/GM bits? Was just wondering also if the exhaust system was easy for say somebody like kwik fit to obtain? I know that sounds daft but information on these cars is scarce. Anyway cheers for reading. Hopefully I can get some support from here in the coming months/years.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

Re: Getting a BLS 1.9TD in a week. Few questions:

hi and congrats !

I have an '06 Luxury model, the sat nav screens were an option but I believe they were kenwood units as an option.

Dont work about parts it's SAAB/Vauxhall parts will be ok.

when I got mine nobody had heard of the BLS and nobody had it listed
    even Halfords now have it listed for parts !

Hi

Thanks for the advice. Few other questions before I pick the car up. Should it come with a spare wheel? When I test drove the car there was just a spare tyre in the boot and a repair kit. Is this right? Also only one of the mirrors (the drivers side) was auto retractable, is this correct? With the car phone kit can I pair any bluetooth phone to it or is it a case of docking an appropriate phone? What are the service intervals on the diesel 1.9td (150) Cheers for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcul1 View Post
    Hi

Thanks for the advice. Few other questions before I pick the car up. Should it come with a spare wheel? When I test drove the car there was just a spare tyre in the boot and a repair kit. Is this right? Also only one of the mirrors (the drivers side) was auto retractable, is this correct? With the car phone kit can I pair any bluetooth phone to it or is it a case of docking an appropriate phone? What are the service intervals on the diesel 1.9td (150) Cheers for your help.
    ha yeah I did that with the spare wheel, no it doesn't come with one !

Both my mirrors retract when the button is pressed or the alam fob is held on alarming the car.

I've got a Nokia blue tooth kit so I'm not sure on that.

I've done 9300 miles in 18thms and it's had 1 service but i think it's on a timer so once a year I think

I got a shock for my service £400 !
    next one should just be a small oil service !

caddykev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 68 fleetwood-99 sts seville & 2010 BLS.

Bigcul1
    Congrats on your new BLS.
    Had ours just over a month now.
    No spare with mine! I have got a tyre fix fart can and a 12v cigar lighter plugged mini compressor. This is all well and good unless you get a blow out. Then you're in trouble!! I'm trying to get a spare wheel from the dealer I got it from. It does look as if the wheel well in the trunk will take a full size rim. As for the mobile phone situation. I think you'll find bluetooth will work without a docking station. We have three different phones paired on our system without the dock.
    Our mirrors don't auto fold though!!!! Boo Hoo!
    Good luck!
    Regards,
    Kev.

have you pressed the button on the inside of the wing mirror for retracting the mirrors or held down the lock on the remote for about 5 seconds after locking the car ?
    both my mirrors fold in

S7ormp.
    No I haven't tried that. My wife has just gone out in it. Have to wait until she gets back home tonight. There was no mention of folding mirrors in the handbook though.
    I hope we got it on ours. We had an STS before the BLS. It had everything. The BLS being a Euro spec car is bound to be a lesser beast in the gadget department! lol.

Hi Guys, thanks for your help on everything, was starting to get a little twitchy thinking that the network of support for these cars may have been no existant. Im a little more relaxed about my decision now. Yeah funny about the wheel as the well does look like it could hold a full size wheel. Will probs just get a correct size steel wheel (saab/gm) of ebay for a spare and get it balanced.

As for your service did you take it to a main dealership or independant? Was thinking £400 was steep. I can remember having a V6 Ford Cougar and only paying £240 for a full service. Well I suppose only time will tell.

Bit annoyed last night though, getting the BLS on Wednesday and have been running a little saxo for the past 18 months. Anyway drove up to my girlfriends at Newcastle and the engine mount snapped. Now got to fork out £120 for something thats getting sold in 5 days. A few choice words spring to mind that I wont repeat ha ha!

Willlet you guys know when the car lands and hopefully get some pics up.

t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

Regarding the servicing question. My BLS 1.9td has done 56,000 miles and I have used a small local garage who charges about £100 per service.
    Apart from a full set of brake pads the only thing that has gone wrong was a replacement EGR valve. The garage was able to read the Engine Management System after the warning light went on. It probably would have been covered by warranty but as the car has not been near a dealer I didn't want to drive the 100 miles to the nearest dealer and have a row about warranty. So it seemed easier to buy the part on ebay for £100 and pay the garage £45 cash to fit it. Buying parts seems to be easy - Saab / GM so Astra, Vectra etc.

yeah main dealer for the service

@S70RMP,
    Waheeeeeeyyyyy!!!!! We got two remote folding mirrors now. So there!!!!
    I thought the car should've had them. It's my wifes car so I don't get a chance to twiddle the dials much! Lol.

CaddyKev

Are you a Norwich FC fan? Just noticed your location. All my dads side of the family are from down there. I support Norwich, please tell me your not an Ipswich fan!! Ha

2 days to go until I pick up the caddy. Getting excited now.

@bigcul1,
    Yeah, just outside Norwich. Er, football? I'd rather boil my scrote!! Lol. While you boys are standing in the rain cheering overpaid actors, I'll be polishing me Caddy!!!

I was quite cool waiting for my Caddy to be delivered until the last couple of days. I was at work when it was due to be delivered. My wife called me to tell me it had arrived. I couldn't wait to go home to see it. I know how you're feeling! It'll be worth it. They're great.
    Keep us fellow owners posted.
    Regards,
    Kevin.

You stand in the rain polishing cars??? How strange! Ha Yeah footballers are overpaid plonkers but its still a beautiful game. Who could resist a trip to windblown rain soaked Hartlepool on a Tuesday evening (I live in North Yorks so only get to away games). Nowt better!

My Gran used to live in Caistor on Sea. Many hours have been spent passing Norwich on the A47?? Think thats the road. All the way across past Acle turnoff, Yarmouth turn off and into Caistor. Happy days.

Im just waiting for work to generate me a cheque then its off to collect the beast. Im so looking forward to some comfort after spending the last 17 months and 39000 miles in a Gold Saxo VTR. Boy racers dream but not mine!

@bigcul1,

Polishing my Caddy in the rain? I have a garage!!! lol!
    We're about 12 miles from the wonderful Caister on sea.
    Saxo,Eh? I think you'll find the Cad SLIGHTLY more refined I think. Flick on those heated seats and forget all about that Saxo ' thing'.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.