Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hi new UK BLS Wagon owner here!

3K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  cadillac londoner 
#1 ·
Collected my new BLS Estate on Christmas Eve.
Unfortunately the dealer forgot to put the handbook in the car. They have posted it to me but I have not received it yet.

I have managed to work out how to use most of the toys, ecept I cannot work out how to operate the voice tags for the 'phone and the sat nav.

Also with the sat nav does anybody know where the dvd is inserted? it is not in the cd slot as I can play music cd's. If I want to change to the Eastern Europe DVD map, how do I do this?

The car is a TDi 150bhp wagon in Jet Black with parchment interior.

Would like to hear from anyone on the above, and from any other BLS drivers in London or SE.

Mine is a company car, are there any other company owned BLS's out there?

#2 ·
hi and well done for joining the BLS gang !

I've not actually seen a Wagon in person my self only in pictures and I'm serious thinking I want one to replace the 4dr BLS

Sorry can't help with the Sat Nav issue as mine dont have it.

So what do you reckon to teh car then ?

#3 ·
Hi thanks for the acknowledgement.

Yhe car is fine, seems to be very well built and has a bit more street prescence than the other 'run of the mill' cars like the equivalent Saab, Volvo, BMW, Audi etc.

I visited family in Belgium for new year. The guy at the check in at Dover commented that he had never seen one before.

Interestingly in the relatively small town in Belgium where our family are (Westerlo) there is a Cadillac main dealer, and Cadillacs seem to be more popular there than in UK.

With the demise of Saab and ceasing of BLS production I it will be a car that will attract curiosity throughout the 3 years that my company normally keeps cars.

I was interested that you said your car does not have Sat Nav. I thought that this was a standard feature from launch, but obviously not.

On my previous car I uesd a Tom Tom, the BLS one, which I believe is straight out of the Saab suppliers box (Grundig Adelphi) has this wonderful TMC feature to advise you of traffic conditions. At one point on the E40 near Antwerp it actually warned us of 'rough road ahead' and we reached a piece of motorway that was pitted/pot holed!

Hope to share more experiences with you and other members.

#4 ·
Hi

Mine's an '06 silver with black leather with the autobox.
The only thibng I dont like about the car is that the gearbox is
very slow at changing up but very fast and down shifting !

The Sat Nav was an option till '08 I think, I've got a TT940 so I get the traffic reports via that.

We drove back from Disneyland Paris last New Years Day (2009) straight back to Manchester and it was a comfortable crusier.

Like you say most people have not seen the BLS or even heard of it before.

I like the looks and they way it's different from the run of the mill's like you say.

I would like the new 180bhp diesel engine, but that will have to wait till I change cars in a few years.

you'll have to post some pictures of it !

#12 ·
remembered these on another site

these are teh pictures of my Valentine 1 radar with remote display install

This is hte remote display in the corner of the windscreen

The View from the drivers seat withthe display tucked in the corner

The mounting of the Valentine 1 unit

This little button to the left of the front fog button is the mute button

#15 ·
we have a dept at work who use DSLR's and the will only use the D300
spoke with them and they said if I can get a deal on a D300s snap it up.

I'm just awaiting for a friend to come back and tell me if he's going to buy the D5000 off me (wants to pay over 5 months)

#17 ·
Thats not a bad price !

I'm going to go for just the body as I have an 18-105 VR lens
and the 18-55 kit one but that will go with the D5000

I would alos like a light wieght tripod but they cost way to much.

I have the Calumet 7300 tripod in the boot of the BLS all the time incase we go anywhere.

I must get out more and get some shots of the car.

#18 ·
Hi Guys I have a CTS on an 05, The BLS sat-nav to change the sat-nav disc go into options on the touch screen and its under something like disc in the options and press eject the whole screen will then move forward and drop down and then you can eject the cd rom. you manually push the screen back until it clicks into place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.