Headlight
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac BLS Forum (Europe / South Africa) Discussion, Headlight in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all, just bought a used bls wagon 1,9 D few days ago. I need to change a bulp in ...
    chroemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Wagon

Headlight

Hello all,

just bought a used bls wagon 1,9 D few days ago. I need to change a bulp in the left headlight, but i don`t find a way to get there.... Anybody done this before ??

Regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chroemer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS Wagon

Re: Headlight

problem solved...

i had to remove the complete headlight......

t4evs is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS 1.9TiD

How long does it take to remove the whole headlight and how difficult was it?

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

i tried to replace my head lights last year and spent 1 1/2hr trying to remove a headlight by following the instruction book but just couldnt get it out.

when the car was serviced they did the lights for me.

PSCBLS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLS

Quote Originally Posted by S70RMP View Post
    i tried to replace my head lights last year and spent 1 1/2hr trying to remove a headlight by following the instruction book but just couldnt get it out.

when the car was serviced they did the lights for me.
    Yeah it's pretty tricky and you have to be a bit 'rougher' with it than I have on previous cars, I was like you spent hours fiddling thinking I didni't want to break it.

The way I've found is this - once remove the top screw, with a flathead screwdriver, just gently place it underneath the plastic arm from where you removed the screw, then twist it so it clicks away from the cars body, then when you go to depress the catch near the grill you have a little more play to get it loose, after-which a slight tug forward and lift out, then loosen the catch where it connects.

A bloody faff but now that I've done it I can do it in record time, which I had to as I placed some 1watt LED side lights in I got from NYC, but didn't have a 'thing' to stop the car thinking a bulb had blown so took them out and use them in the cab.

- If you ever need them doing again I'm only in Chester & I'll do it for you if you want.
    I've changed mine for Philips Extreme Power bulbs, best bulbs I've had.

S70RMP is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): BLS now gone RIP now Saab 9-3 Aero TTID Hirsch'd

I'm on the Phillips Extreme bulbs too !

you might see me down Cheshire Oaks it's a place I'm taken to a lot !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.