Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What happened to the good ol' days?.....

Tags
billett
1K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  xxpinballxx 
#1 ·
You guys remember back in the day when it was Kenwood vs. Pioneer vs. Alpine battling it out for car audio supremacy? It seems that with the Xplosion (pun intended) of inferior Sony junk, those three great names have been left in the dust. Maybe it's only up here in Canada, but all I see are Futureshops and Bestbuys pushing Sony, JVC, Dual and other crappy names.... I do see from the Kenwood website they still have great products, it just seems that you can't buy them anywhere up here any more.

#12 ·
I found the same thing with the stock speakers in my 91. I installed my Kenwood hu and am blown away by how loud you can run the front stage without distortion, or rattles, louder than any confortable listening level. And they sound so CLEAR without any equalization with the seperate tweeter in the dash and midwoofer in the door. I had The Who's Live at Leeds at concert levels and the sound remained perfectly clear I had never HEARD anything sound so good. The Sony 5.25 coaxials I put in my old 90 sound like total garbage in comparison. So I added my two RF subs/amp and can't imagine improving the system in any way. By the way, check out my post on converting your rear deck speakers into a matrixed surround setup. You'll be blown away.

#15 ·
I think the majority of the people buying the best buy stuff are kids who used their birthday money to throw a half-assed system in there 82 celica. So the shiny lit up cheap crap is the way to go. The guys serious about it and wanting the quality know what they are doing and go where they know they will get the quality they are looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.