Cadillac Owners Forum banner

installing hu with metra 70-1857 (need help)

9K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Warspite 
#1 ·
I got the headunit to come on and the tuner plays but every time i change channels the speakers pop and when i switch to the cd source i cant hear anything. i am trying to use the bose amp but this wiring harness looks like it by passes it to me. i have a kenwood kdc-mp532 HU.
please help asap i am trying to get this installed tonite.
thanks
ryan

#8 ·
Did you finish your install? I am going through the exact same thing right now!!!!! 93 seville delco gold series I did solve the radio plays but no cd sound though... Are you using the rca jacks that came with the harness? If so you should then have your power wires hooked to the Hu harness.. i.e. ant. blue, yellow permanent power and red 12v. anyway.. I hooked mine in the trunk first before removing seats. And I found that when you switch to cd the antenna goes back down. On my sony HU this causes the rca outputs to cut out even though I can see on the faceplate that the cd is playing. The solution is to change the antenna wire to the Amp wire on you HU this sends perm. power to the antenna while the unit is on and the cd sound comes through.AND COMES THROUGH NICE! I have the same popping problem Have you solved it yet? Thanks Joe

#11 ·
I posted this a while back, and it has links to some other successful installs with this harness:

Here are some of the threads:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...e-casette.html (Pls advice on replacing non bose casette radio in 1995 Eldorado)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...3-seville.html (Navigation Installed - 93 Seville)

The second one actually has the step-by-step details that I used to make mine work, although I did NOT have the Bose amps - just the Head Unit, so I decided to run my own speaker wire. If your system is Bose all around, then the Metra harness will work out of the box. Follow the advice to get ground loop isolators, and install as part of the upgrade. Almost a certainty that you'd be back opening up the console to install these later.

It's really not that difficult to do this. I found that there was plenty of room on the passenger side of the car to run this harness, and there was enough length on the wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.