DISABLE Universal Theft Deterrent 93STS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, DISABLE Universal Theft Deterrent 93STS? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Does anyone know how to disable the Universal Theft Deterrent system in a 93 STS? Please dont tell me to ...
    Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

Arrow DISABLE Universal Theft Deterrent 93STS?

Does anyone know how to disable the Universal Theft Deterrent system in a 93 STS? Please dont tell me to unlock the door with a key. I tried that and you can still activate the alarm using the door locks inside. I also tried the GM Vats disable proceedure with the resistor wire but all it did was disable the Pass Key which is ridiculous because the Pass Key and the Universal Theft Deterrent systems are completely independent of each other. If its not going to disable the alarm then why the hell would I want to loose the Pass Key feature? Anyways, my friend is thinking we could ground a wire on the Universal Theft Deterrent to make it think that the doors are always closed and the triggers are in the off position. Something like that... Anyways, it would kick ass if anyone had some input here on how to disable the Universal Theft Deterrent module? Thanks in advance....ROB

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Rob_M is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 Cadillac STS

Re: DISABLE Universal Theft Deterrent 93STS?

Come on man, I know we got an Einstein or two in the group......

brianroark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 98 Devil, 93 Deville, 84 Cuttylac built 350 olds, Arctic Cat

Old Thread, but if anyone else comes across this and wants to disable or enable their build in alarm, you can do this with a GM Tech 2, its in the options for IPC and I think its under either option a or option b. (probably a way to do it with your heater controls also)

I've came across cadillacs that dont have a alarm; from what i know they all have alarms but dealers dont enable them in the computer unless you spent the extra money for that option. I could be wrong dont quote me but I have came across a car with no alarm ever working a security light but no alarm functions and enabled it to a working state with just the Tech 2.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

See my “HERE IS AN IDEA!” post in this thread. Although applies to OBDII cars, not sure about OBDI (or if OBDI/OBDII makes any difference since this is more like a user interface thing).

phillipjames is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L

Has anyone figured this out yet?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.