Bose Radio/Amplifier Compatibilty
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Bose Radio/Amplifier Compatibilty in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Sorry all, I'm a non-Cadillac owner but owner of a GMC 6.5 Turbo Diesel Suburban. Problem is my AC Delco ...
    gmenor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bose Radio/Amplifier Compatibilty

Sorry all, I'm a non-Cadillac owner but owner of a GMC 6.5 Turbo Diesel Suburban. Problem is my AC Delco radio is going south. I bought a brand new Bose Radio (Model # 15073127 from a Cadillac 02 Escalade) that would fit into my Burb just fine. I also bought a used radio Bose speaker system with amplifier (Model # 15054672) to replace the factory speakers/amplifier (front and rar door with sub-woofer). After reading everthing I could find about Bose sound system - I came to the conclusion that either I wasted my money or I'm going to make this work. These are the questions that I need befor wasting my time:

1. Will the radio and amplifier interface or do I need another amplifier (model number please)?
    2. Where can I get the wiring harness to get the two interfaced along with the speakers?
    3. Am I wasting time doing this?
    4. Where can I buy a complete Bose sound system for my vehicle without having to pay the dealership price?

This is the only website that has an extensive forum on Bose sound system. Thank's in advance for any help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: Bose Radio/Amplifier Compatibilty

I personally think you would of been better off going aftermarket, that having been said if your stubborn (like me) and want to make this work im here to try and help. While im an expert at the 96-02 Bose System in the Eldorado and pretty good with the 96-03 Seville i really know nothing about the Bose in a Surburban or rather Esclade Bose systems, but ill start looking up what i can however without having the car infront of me and being able to look 1st hand at how it was taken apart it will be difficult. First off did the amp have any kind of pigtail with it? Secondly what about the speakers do you have the plugs at least or lacking them too?

CadillacETC1997,
    Thanks for the rapid reply. Your are absolutely right that an after market system would be a lot easier and yes I do want to make this work. Bose system was put in the 2001 Suburbans and Yukon XL (gasser's). I wanted to keep the factory look on my Burb and committed to buying the AC Delco Bose Radio. Radio is still enroute and the amplifier and speakers are here. No wiring came with the later. Any help would be helpful. If this turns into too much of a pain in the butt, then is there any place I can buy a complete system other than the dealership?

Naw if you wanted a complete system dealer is the only way. If this system was run by 4 mini amps like my ETCs it would be easy to wire it you would just have to run two additional wires to each amp to power and ground it (being speaker wire for a signal input would already be run due to the stock speaker wires). Im also assuming your car has RDS and Theftlock. If it has either one then the radio is tapped into the computer which is also going to somewhat complicate things like the fact that the dealer MUST unlock the radio for you to use the radio and they will require proof that you did not steal it. Therefore your stock plug must be used, but will need to be rewired to the amp for the speakers thus you will have to cut all of the signal output wires (for the speakers amp etc..) off the plug and leave connected all the power, gound and computer wires. If your amp doesnt have a plug then theres no way to even start this fab job. It will require the plug in order to connect the HU. Check ebay and check it often for a wire harness. I know at one point in time they had a complete system (HU AMP speaks sub and wire harness) which for what your doing would of been the best thing to do. Also a junkyard may be a good place to get the wireharness. If you can get one out of a car i know it will be long to do it but it will be worth it DO NOT CUT IT OUT. Unwire and remove the entire wire, then all you have to do is cut the new harnesses plug off connect the speaker wires from the new harness to the stock plug in your car and there you should have it.

CadillacETC1997,
    Yikes, this maybe the hard to do category. As for the wiring harness for the amp, I check the dealership to see if they have both. The new radio will come unlocked. The amp/speakers came out of a Tahoe or Avalanche. I hate to admit defeat before the battle began. Wonder what the dealership is asking for the complete system? I'll check around and see what I can dig up. Thanks for your help and Merry Christmas.

George

OK man gl and im here if you need the help! Just make a post with my name in the topic and ill be sure to check it out.

Thanks, I really do appreciate your input.

no prob thats what the forum is here for

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.