Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Theft system problem

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jjbuckley 
#1 ·
I just programmed 2 new remotes for my keyless entry and soon after I recieved a code B2710 PASSkey open/shorted pelledt. This also gave me a warning on the DIC theft system problem car might not restart. Does anyone know what this means? I also have a code P0441 evaporitive emission control system incorrect purge flow. Some of these codes are self explanitive but i'm not a mech and this one has me. Trying to get as much info as possible before I take it to the dealer and get raped. Thank you

#2 ·
the security system is not seeing the correct vats value.
You could try cleaning your key and also squirt a liitle wd40 or contact cleaner in the ignition lock.

In your car the resister pellet is part of the vats system, and if the value is off it set the code and message, this can be due to several things, the dirty key or ignition contacts, or by the wiring in the switch or the contacts themselfs going bad. I would try another key, clean your key and see if that helps, if not you will need to replace the ignition lock cylinder or bypass the vats system.

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.