2000 Bose Help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2000 Bose Help in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey guys, I hope this hasnt been coverd too much before. i have searched a lot and havent found it ...
    dhayden is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2000 Bose Help

Hey guys, I hope this hasnt been coverd too much before. i have searched a lot and havent found it yet. Anyway I have a 2000 sts. I had the drivers side speaker "go out" ro so i think. i have seen this on a few posts with the right door speaker. Anyway it was crackling a lot especially at low volumes. I have ordered a replacement from gmparts. While waiting I unplugged the speaker as it was very annoying. Now I notice the same "crackeling" in the dash right speaker. Again it is noticable at lower volumes mostly. This has made me nervous that it is not a speaker problem and an amp one. Is there a way for me to test this? I hate to keep ordering 80$ speakers one by one until I realize that it was not my issue in the first place. Any suggestions? Also the new driver door one has not gotten here yet so it might be moot. I know once I hook that one up I will probably have that answer, but I am anal enough to loose sleep over it in the meantime

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: 2000 Bose Help

since its the STS i am assuming bose heres my input by unpluging the old speaker the wattage that was still orginally put out on 3 speakers was now only put out on 2 probably blowing out the other one

It is Bose. And oh MAN I hope not. I thought with the bose system, each speaker had its own amp? So if that is correct. Do I assume the speaker woofer and dash "tweeter" are a components so to speak? IF so, is the center dash its own separate unit? I did notice a post of your before saying that the dash ones are 2". Is that all 3? The grill is bigger in teh middle, but I realize that may not be the case with the speaker itself. UGH I did look at the gmpart cost for a dash speaker and it was 60$ shipped. I wonder if Im not better off replacing them with some kind of infinity or so. The smallest I can find is 3 - 1/2 " Maybe I can retro fit them in there.

Nope Sevilles convered to one single amp in 96 only the Eldo stayed with one amp per speaker. They are all the same speaker size even though the center grill is a bit larger. I know there is a dash speak on ebay now thats not bid on asking 50 i think? As for replaceing them you CANT. Bose run a special OHM and if you replace them with an aftermarket they will not produce as much sound and therefore not be worth it.

Thanks for the help. Even with Infinity Kappas at 2ohms? You think it would not be worth it? Also I get the idea now that all the speakers need to be hooked up. So if I unhook 1 it puts the same amount of poer to the rest? Why is that, or is it, different from any other stereo system?

Again thanks much for the help.

no it works with all speaker systems running form an amp on the same channel for instance if you have 2 subs connected to one channel on a 2 channel amp that outputs 500 watts per channel it will push 250 watts to each sub. disconnect one sub it will push all 500 watts to one sub. Connect the disconnected sub to the 2nd channel in the two channel amp and both subs will be pushed 500 watts each.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.