add on extra bose speakers to stock bose??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, add on extra bose speakers to stock bose?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; so i was thinkin i love my bose system in my 96 SLS, i was wondering if it is possible ...
    Polski Polak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Seville SLS

add on extra bose speakers to stock bose??

so i was thinkin i love my bose system in my 96 SLS, i was wondering if it is possible to add on extra bose speakers from another caddy. would they work? how would i add them on? would they need an amp? i am pretty clueless when it comes to this audio thing so i was just pondering on the idea.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: add on extra bose speakers to stock bose??

depends on where you want to locate them what kind they are (tweets midbase subs)

while surfing on ebay i saw this subwoofer that i would maybe put in the trunk
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-C...QQcmdZViewItem

i also saw some deville speakers that i would cusotmize somewhere, i was just wondering if it was possible to add on like extra speakers or a subwoofer, thanx in advance

yea its do-able you have to either get another bose amp or splice off one of your other bose amps. Only way bose speakers sound good (believe me ive tested this on both my home sound system and other car system) is with the bose amps otherwise at higher volumes the speakers will pop out and you also risk damageing your amp (if you use a different amp besides bose)

hey thanks for the info, so if i were to get another amp would i just splice off of an existing one??? i am quite clue-less w/ this audio thing so i really dont know how or what to do.

it would be alot easier and cheeper if you just buy the bose sub you want (hell i have the one i removed out of my dads STS works and everything id give it to you for like 30 thats including shipping) and i can explain everything on wireing it up. You basically need to go to where the wires connect to the actual speaker. Run one off the speakers positve and one off the speakers negitive. Connect them to the neg and pos on the sub and there you go.

would it need an additional bose amp for it work to its full extent???

no not really it would just be retarded in that if you were to connect it to the left speaker and would fade to the right side the sub would go down as well as the left and vise versa. If you were to run a pos from the left and right to the pos on the sub and a neg from the left and right to the neg on the sub then you would lose all ability to tone a specific side becuase now they are connected.

dude u are like real good at this stuff, so all i would need to do is run a pos and neg from each right and left speakers and connect to the sub??? sorry i dont mean to be ignorant but i just really have no idea how it works

yes thats one way to do it. however like i stated im not sure what this will do because essentially then both amps would be connected together running through the sub. i recomend just connect it to one side like i said the only problem with this would be if you balace it more to the right side and you have the sub connect to the left side then the sub volume would go down too.

o ok i understand so if i leave it in the middle then everything would be in great shape. u have been most helpful w/ the instant replies and all the info thanx alot!!! u r

hey no prob man like i said i got the sub outta my dads sts and i got an ETC which had the same bose 4 speaker set up like yours however i replaced the HU on my bose system and that ment the rest of the bose had to go therefore i cant test it and let ya kno b4 you spend all the money tryin it yourself if u want the sub like i said my dads is for sale for the 30 if interested gl and if ya need more help juz pm me or reply to this thread

HAHA you just brought up another topic that i was thinkin about. u said u replaced your HU so that means the whole bose system had to go ??? i was also thinkin bout getting an aftermarket HU but i didnt know that i had to replace everything?

Yup the WHOLE thing has to go unless you also buy a bose interface and since your a 96 you have obd-2 programing which means your stock HU is tapped into the cars computer so you need to purchase another adapter for 120 bucks which allows your car to still entire diagnostic mode. So unless your going all out with a very expensive upgrade it really isnt worth it. For me i replaced the HU with a flip screen, added my ps2, 3 jl audio subs in the trunk infinity speakers in the front and pioneer speakers in the rear all this spawned from the desire to have a cd player mounted in the front of the car.

If you want more fast answers you can im me on aim my sn is PlzBreakTheCycle

GL

o that is disappointing to hear, but once again thanx for the great info !!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.