aftermarket radio and speaker fitment for a 95 deville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, aftermarket radio and speaker fitment for a 95 deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ok here's the thing i have an indash monitor (Pioneer AVH-6400CD) that i want to install on my deville, but ...
    yafuturehubbie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Red face aftermarket radio and speaker fitment for a 95 deville

ok here's the thing i have an indash monitor (Pioneer AVH-6400CD) that i want to install on my deville, but i do like the way the music sounds now (7 speakers and (im guessing) an oem amplifier), what i want to do is install the monitor but since the oem radio connects to an amplifier will this be a problem ? for example can i just wire the radio up and then from the radio it would go to the amp and from amp to the speakers? or would i have to end up some how making 4 channels into 7 channels? because i want all speakers to sound.

the reason why i ask is because i had heard a rumor that when you connect an aftermarket radio to an oem amp , you end up getting a slight noise in the background, which is something i dont want.. is this true ?

i also have another issue , i have 6 brand new 6 1/2 inch component speakers that i want to replace with the oem speakers on the deville , now i do know that the oem speakers are 5 1/4 but anyone have any idea if the 6 1/2 speakers will fit , because i honestly cant just go and return them since i bought them a while ago (on ebay) , i am going to connect them if they do fit to the oem amp, any suggestions ?

and last question is, in order to install the aftermarket radio i have to purchase the aftermarket kit (the black plastic trim panel that goes around the radio) now if i install it will i end up losing the oem wood trim it has now or will that just go over the aftermarket kit ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

Re: aftermarket radio and speaker fitment for a 95 deville

Does it have the bose system? If it isn't bose then I don't believe it is amplified. If it isn't amplified then you will have no problem connecting the new radio to your stock speakers. Since there is only 4 channels, but 6 speakers total. Also to my knowledge, not that it is that great, but I think it's 5.25 components up front and 6x9's in the rear deck. When I had my doors ripped apart it looked like it would be a pita to install 6.5's up front. Not that it couldn't be done, but it looks like some work. I believe you can get adapter plates to fit in the 6x9 spot if your set on using the 6.5's.

well it doesnt say bose anywhere but the car does have the cd and tape deck , and it does have 7 speakers, and sounds actually pretty good, the reason why i didnt think it would have 6x9's in the back is because when i checked at crutchfield, thats the fitments it gave me 5.25 all around and in the rear 6.5's even though my friend has the same car same yr with a regular tape deck and 6x9's in the back , so now im really not sure..

carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

Where is the 7th speaker, does it have some sort of sub in the back and components in the rear door?

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

This system might be the "active audio" that I am trying to track down. Ok, where are the speakers located?

2- 6x9's in the rear deck.
    4- 5.25's in the doors?

Where is the 7th speaker?

yup thats exactly what it is , its the "active audio" 4-5.25 in the doors and i guess 2-6x9 in the back , but i think the seventh one is on the dashboard, right on the top, where the vent is, so it appears to me , now does the "active audio" come with an oem amp ?

because for the yr the car is the music sounds pretty dam good and loud , and its all orginal from what i know..

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

yup the 7th is in the dash under the defog vents its 4x6

According to my FSM, the Active audio system has a single amp in the trunk. There should be something that you can get that will make it work.

bypass the amp and rewire the car is my advice

I second that. I can't even find any information about the active audio, much less an adapter. I am not sure if the speakers are Bose, so I wouldn't reccomend using them until you know what OHM they operate at. If you can tell me the OHMS, I can tell you if you can use them with an aftermarket amp. They might say on the back what they are rated for.

yea but rewiring is a pain in the asss, what im thinking of doing is just removing the speakers and putting in newer speakers (blaupunkt components in the doors) pioneer 4x6 on the dash and 6x9 3 ways on the rear , but now im having another problem, my cousin works at bestbuy so i told him to get me the wire harnes for the radio that way i i dont have to cut them out but seems im going to have to because aparently theres 2 wire harness's i can use but neither of them work , i checked on crutchfield and it pulls up a white one which doesnt work at all, and then at bestbuy i bought another one they had which was a blue one and didnt work at all either..
    and then the guy at bestbuy told me to use the wire harness i would have to run wires all the way from the rear to the front which makes nooooo sense at all , why would i go through all that trouble just to use a wire harness, for that i'll just cut in the front and wire it up from there , im going to probably end up selling the OEM cd player anyways..

but yea anyways this thing is begining to be a mess lol, but as far as me using the bose speakers or active audio no i will not i doubt they might be able to hang with an aftermarket amp , i rather just replace them because i probably will get better quality out of the newer ones considering the 10 yr difference on them..

well guys im open to any suggestions lol

my opinion is to ditch the stock harness completely your only going to cause yourself more trouble and more time trying to use it and figure out what wire does what and remember all the wires in that harness for speaker output go TO YOUR AMP b4 they go to the speakers so you cant just cut the plug and direct connect it. You going to have to run new speaker wires for the car. I know it will be time consuming and probably not the funnest job but it is the easiest way to do this. I had a Bose System in my 97 ETC and i had to rewire it completely. It wasnt that bad really kinda fun takin apart the cars entire interior.

yea i found out today im going to literally have to rewire the car , i already bought the antenna adapter, plus the antenna extension (12 footer, which im hoping thats enough from the trunk to the dash) and the wire harness for the back ,now i have another problem, i want to use 7 speakers but i only have a 4 channel amp , is there any possible way i can use the 4 channel into a 7 channel ? because i honestly do not want to go buy another 4 channel amp just for 3 more speakers.. another thing is if i rewire the speaker wire as uppose to using the stock wires provided is it actuallyyyy that much of a difference because i honestly do not want to go through all the trouble of rewiring to the dash, all 4 panels, and the rear deck..

are the new speakers your getting really that great? why not just run 4 off the stock hu and 3 off the amp. That being said yes you can run all 7 off a 4 channel amp. you just connect more speakers to each channel. GL

um uh i dont get it ? u mean run all 7 to the aftermarket amp and try to run it in series or run 3 on the aftermarket amp and 4 on the oem amp ?

the speakers i plan to put is:

1-4x6 pioneer 2way
    4-6.5 blaupunkt compenants (overdrive ones)
    2-6x9 pioneer 3ways (the yellow ones)

what do you guys think ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.