aftermarket radio and speaker fitment for a 95 deville - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, aftermarket radio and speaker fitment for a 95 deville in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Sounds pretty good to me. What he is saying is to run 4 of the speakers off from the head ...
    JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

Re: aftermarket radio and speaker fitment for a 95 deville

Sounds pretty good to me. What he is saying is to run 4 of the speakers off from the head unit and three off from the 4 channel amp. For example.

Run the door speakers and 2 dash speakers off from the head unit. Then run the 2 deck speakers and the center channel off from the amp. I had a similar system in my Mark VIII, only I had 8 speakers running.

yafuturehubbie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

ok sounds like a good idea but now i have a nother problem , the guy at best buy was right i actually have to run all the wiring to the front in order to install the indash monitor, any suggestions on thw wiring from the trunk to the dash ? or if there is a kit that is available?

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

Why would you need to go from the trunk to the dash? If you are replacing everything, just run new wires.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

second that run your own wires you dont know how your stock ones are run and for what so rather than risk it just ditch them

clarkm2005 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just a note - You can tell if you have an active audio system if the rear doors have small speaker grils in the arm rests. If they don't - you probably dont have an amp - the origional factory active audio is 11 speakers - two in each door - one in the armrest, and one in the lower door - the dash has one in the center, and two in the rear shelf. The Amp is located in the trunk - remove the panel covering the back seat, and you will find it, along with the ride conputer - security system, keyless entry, etc.

If it has a 5 band Equalizer, and no speakers in the rear doors, then it is a seven speaker system, on four ouputs - two in each front door, two on the rear shelf, and one in the dash. I don't think that type of system has an amp. It sounds like you have the higher-end system. I replaced the 7 speaker system in my 95 deville with a Pioneer DVD/GPS Touchscreen, and used the factory speakers with no problems. While in my Seville (a 94) I had to do the whole system, as it had a built in amp. In the end - I reused some of the existing wiring in the Seville, and re-ended with new conectors. I did however inistall a new aftermarket amp in the trunk in pleace of the old one. This made use of the existing factory wiring easier.

Hope that helps a little.

yeap i have the active audio system , its such a PAIN in my $%^#$% ASS grrrrr my friend has the same exact car but has the 5 band eq and his wire harness attaches in the front with no problem mind u mine is all the way in the trunk although he doesnt have his speaker on the dash and doesnt have the speakers in the door as uppose to mine where i have them , but anyways what i am going to do is use the existing wires because im not trying to spend an arm and a leg on wires and then the hassle to re-wire pretty much the entire car is a real pain considering i live in ny and its cold out so what im going to do is connect the 4x6 speaker, and the 6x9's to the oem amp and just run the 4-6.5 components to the 4 channel amp, im sure it should sound pretty loud , cuz u figure once i change the speakers and use a louder radio it should actually sound a bit louder with the oem amp, then what it use to (this is in reference to connecting the 4x6, and 6x9's)

ok now another question i have is in order to run the wire harness from the back to the front, where do i even find all those wires? and what gauge would they even be ? would they be like a 16,18 or 20 ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.