"Active Audio" similar to Delco-Bose system?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, "Active Audio" similar to Delco-Bose system? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I was checking out a real nice '95 deVille today and it had an "Active Audio" radio setup. Is this ...
    bobkat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Sedan deVille, 1997 Sedan deVille

"Active Audio" similar to Delco-Bose system?

I was checking out a real nice '95 deVille today and it had an "Active Audio" radio setup. Is this anything like the Delco-Bose audio systems in other Cadillac years? My '88 deVille has the Delco-Bose system which sounds really nice. This "Active Audio" unit sounded good but not quite on par with the Bose IMHO, especially in the low end.

Thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

Re: "Active Audio" similar to Delco-Bose system?

I am not sure what that is. I think it's still the Bose, but not the Gold series. According to my owners manual for my 95 Seville, all of the music systems are Bose, but the Gold series is the "premium" Audio. I think it's the "midgrade", between the base cassette and the Bose Gold.

bobkat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1988 Sedan deVille, 1997 Sedan deVille

OK, thanks JC316;

My '88 deVille has the Gold Series and my mother's '91 Chev Caprice has a Silver Series... wonder if there's a "Bronze" series out there... HeHeHe

This unit in the '95 deVille is a combo cassette & CD (in dash), unless there's a changer in the trunk.. haven't looked. I'm thinking of buying this car, its pretty neat.

Thanks again.

JC316 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 Seville SLS *Lord Vadar*

It must be a Deville only radio. My owners manual dosen't list it for a seville, but my service manual does list it for a Deville. It looks fancier than my Gold series, but it doesn't say what makes it special. I have heard that the older Bose speakers sound better than the newer ones, but since I have never owned any of the older speakers, I can't say for sure. I can tell you that the older ones sell for more on Ebay than the newer ones.

Tankboy40 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 ETC (N* 120k)

I have the same h/u in my 93 Eldo... I pulled it from a 94 STS in the salvage yard and plugged it right into my car... I wanted it for the combo cd/cassette.... You cannot play it loudly, when the volume gets loud in the car, the radio automatically reduces the volume (I assume to prevent speaker damage)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.