Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Deville key fob in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Anybody know a good tutorial on how to reprogram my key fob on my 1998 deville base...
- 04-08-14 09:05 PM #1
Deville key fob
Anybody know a good tutorial on how to reprogram my key fob on my 1998 deville base
- 04-10-14 12:13 AM #2
Re: Deville key fob
'98+ requires tech II.
You can swap the RFA with a '96-'97 unit, that should give you access to the RFA overrides (I thaught it was available for deville up to '99 and Eldorado up to '02).
The procedure ('96-'97) is described in the owner's manual. Just go to the RFA overrides menu.
FAN SPEED UP = YES
FAN SPEED DOWN = NO
To skip a menu and go to the next one you press NO.
To access a menu you press YES.
To exit a menu you press CANCEL.
Now the procedure:
1. Press OFF & Passenger WARM (CANCEL+INCREMENT) buttons for about 3 seconds to access the diagnose menu (see the sticky for picture). The whole dash will light up, that is a sign you enter in the diagnose menu and is called “bulb test” (well you got the idea).
2. The codes will start scrolling (ideally you see PCM NO CODES, IPC NO CODES…), you can wait to finish or you can press NO to skip to the module menu.
3. Either way you go on no 2, you will be prompted PCM? It basically asks you (Do you want to access the PCM menu?). Your focus is RFA so press NO.
4. Keep pressing NO until you see RFA? (should be ~9 modules later depending on options).
5. When prompted RFA? press YES (as in yes enter into the RFA menu)
6. You will be prompted RFA CODES?, you don’t need that press NO until prompted RFA OVERRIDE?
7. RFA S00 NO OVRD is displayed, press YES.
8. RFA S01 PROGRAM FOB#1 is displayed press YES. IPC will display 0 on the trip odometer display , press INCREMENT until 99 is displayed. Now the system is ready to program the remote.
9. Press and HOLD TRUNK release button on the no 1 transmitter (it make no difference what transmitter you use, just remember the first one is set for driver 1, so you may as well match it with the remote number – no confusion this way).
10. Within one second of pressing the TRUNK button press the LOCK doors button.
11. Hold both buttons pressed for a total of 3 seconds (locks cycles when the programming is complete).
12. You have 30 seconds after step 8 to program the remote, else start again from step 7.
13. To program second remote press NO until RFA S02 PROGRAM FOB#2 is displayed (and repeat steps 8-12).
14. To exit press CANCEL until the bulb test. While in bulb test press CANCEL again and you are out of the diagnose mode.
In time the key fob may become out of sync. To synchronize a key fob (that was already programmed) while in remote range to the car:
1. Press and hold TRUNK release button.
2. Within 1-second press LOCK doors button.
3. Hold both buttons pressed for 7 seconds.
- 04-12-14 12:45 AM #3
When I select yes on RFA it only has RFA CODES and RFA CLEAR CODES. It don't say RFA OVERIDE
- 04-12-14 12:51 AM #4
First sentence of N*'s reply.
You have a '98, correct?
- 04-12-14 10:11 PM #5
Yes 98 deville base
- 04-16-14 10:49 PM #6
Re: Deville key fob
'98+ requires TechII or swap the RFA with '96-'97 model.