Factory Bose to Aftermarket Ideas
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Factory Bose to Aftermarket Ideas in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I've seen a previous post about the Axxess GMOS-06 harness and it appears to allow seamless integration of an aftermarket ...
    markmnj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1973 Cadillac Hearse, 2002 Cadillac DHS

Factory Bose to Aftermarket Ideas

I've seen a previous post about the Axxess GMOS-06 harness and it appears to allow seamless integration of an aftermarket unit with the rest of the car. It has me toying with the idea of upgrading the existing Bose head unit in my 2002 DHS to a new style double din LCD display. My goal is to retain the rest of the factory system in working order, have a USB input and play modern file formats. GPS would be a plus but not a show stopper. And of course I also want that glowing Cadillac wreath screen background in the dash :-) I also have the glove box mounted CD changer

What aftermarket units have you guys used successfully with your 2000-2005 Caddys?

With regards to fit, which adapter do you recommend? Is there an aftermarket bezel? Goal here would be no gaps and a true "belongs there" style fit

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DevilleDude00 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville

Re: Factory Bose to Aftermarket Ideas

I'm also interested in any recommendations for a 2001 DHS.

markmnj is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1973 Cadillac Hearse, 2002 Cadillac DHS

DevilleDude, It looks like we may be pioneers with this one. I have done a considerable amount of poking around and found out that there are two adapter interfaces needed for mine which has the factory Bose system. Perhaps even easier if it's not Bose equipped. One adapter allows you to retain the RAP feature, amplifier, chimes, onstar, anti-theft and rear collision sensor operation. The other will allow you to retain your steering wheel controls. The adapters satisfy the needs of the class 2 data bus.

I also gone the adapter manufacturers web site(s) and looked at the installation manuals. Some of them will not allow the aftermarket radio to fade (front to rear) and only allow you to set the fade during installation via a potentiometer. As far as installation aesthetics, there are a few install kits with proper fitting trim bezels to fit aftermarket radios. These cars have a slight curvature in the dash that needs to be matched up. Again, some bezel kits have it and some don't. All in all it seems pretty much plug and play with these adapters. I haven't done this to my Caddy yet so don't take my findings as law. When I do I will share all the details here.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_120GMOS...l#overview-tab

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictu...&picture_id=-1

Caddy-EaRL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville DTS 184,000 miles, 91 chevy truck 380,000 miles
    Several have done it. But you cannot use the factory cd changer in the glove box with ANY aftermarket head unit.

TheOtherChris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 DeVille

I have an '01 Deville with NON Bose system that I believe is still amplified.
    Besides the steering wheel control module, I see two different integration adapters available:
    1) Metra GMOS-06 Factory Integration Adapter or
    2) PAC OS-2BOSE 2000-2007 GM Class II OnStar Interface

I was going to order everything from Crutchfield but the Metra adapter they suggested was "no longer available for purchase" and no substitute was offered.

For those with experience with this install, do you have a preference as to which module was better?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.