Bluetooth AUX-In on 05 DTS Navigation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Bluetooth AUX-In on 05 DTS Navigation in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey, I was hoping someone may be able to weigh in on this question. I found a bluetooth module that ...
    99Classillac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Ex-99 Deville owner, Now-04 DTS and 05 DTS. ZX6R Pilot too.

Bluetooth AUX-In on 05 DTS Navigation

Hey, I was hoping someone may be able to weigh in on this question. I found a bluetooth module that uses audio jacks. If I wire in the AUX input on the factory navigation on my 05 DTS, I'm assuming that I will be able to use the audio jacks to connect the bluetooth module to the AUX input. Now, if I dow this, I am assuming that I will be able to use a bluetooth device such as my phone, to connect to the navigation unit via the bluetooth module. I am assuming I will be able to make calls as well as stream music from my phone to the nav. All via the bluetooth module that is connected to the AUX Input. If my theory stands correct as of right now, then that means I would also be able to connect to the module with a tablet as well... If I can connect via bluetooth with a tablet... Then I am actually thinking of moving the factory navigation to my trunk. I pland on doing a tablet install into the car. Now, if I do this, since the factory navigation is still there, I should have zero issues with any electrical stuff. The tablet will connect via bluetooth to the navigation. I'll be able to play all of my mp3's off the tablet, use Google maps with live traffic data, Youtube, movies, etc. All with sound going thru the whole car. No change of the Bose amps or anything. Am I easy to follow so far? Granted, I will have to of course worry about a power source for the tablet to charge, which I think I may use a Qi wireless charger behind the tablet that I wire a switch to. That way I can turn the charger on and off. And I won't actually have to plug the charger into the tablet. But I digress. Does my concept of the bluetooth module wired to the factory navigation via the audio input that I can wire in seem feasible?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: Bluetooth AUX-In on 05 DTS Navigation

I have AUX input in my vehicle and I am using a bluetooth receiver thing to steam data from whatever bluetooth device with mp3 capability I want (like cell phone, tablet...).
    The blue tooth thing doesn't do much though, instead of having an audio cable from the cell phone to the AUX connector, I have an audio cable from the AUX input to the blue tooth receiver. It only provides me the freedom to put the phone in my pocket without a cable attached to it. It comes with the inconvenience of dealing with the battery charging of the bluetooth receiver.
    Other than the cool factor...is not of much help, in fact I used it for few days until I got bored with it.

My receiver doesn't have a microphone, as a result I can't make phone calls, or at least it is only a one way conversation. There are modules including a microphone, however you will need to place it in your vicinity.

If is permanently powered from the vehicle is OK I guess; placed out of way, you just pair the device and switch to aux input. Until the day you have a non-bluetooth device when you would need to unplug the bluetooth receiver to plug your device directly to the AUX connector (leave the connector accessible).

Thanks for the reply N*Caddy! So when you have your head unit switched to AUX in via the bluetooth, how do you access it? Do you have the factory Navigation unit or the regular Bose headunit? The bluetooth reciever I plan to use is powered by the vehicle, so no battery issue. My navigation unit doesn't have an AUX input switch or button, so I was wondering which function the AUX in would take over. The radio? CD player?

I have the regular Bose unit, I built the AUX input in such way then when I plug the AUX jack in the HU switches automatically to AUX input mode.
    You can read more details on this here (just google "N*Caddy Aux input")

Read it, great info! So I have a question. I planned on leaving the bluetooth module always connected to the AUX jacks. If I do that, then the navigation unit will always stay on the AUX input and I wouldn't have to manually push a button on the nav unit to get it to switch? Like with the na unit now, if I want XM radio, I have to push the XM radio icon, I want CD player, I have to push CD player. I'm hoping that I won't have to push any buttons to get it to accept the AUX input. I want it to constantly stay on AUX input. Will this happen?

On the NAV units use the AUX signal (digital input) just to enable/disable the AUX input selection. It still expects the user to tap the button. Most people for simplicity or because don't know better are grounding the input permanently thus the AUX input selection is always available even if no connector is inserted. In reality it was designed to enable the AUX selection only when the connector is in. Reason...so you don't turn the AUX input on and by touching the ground (otherwise obscured by the inserted connector) will cause the distortions (you can hear as a loud humming noise).

What button am I to tap? I looked over the nav unit today and there isn't any input buttons to tap. Will one come on the screen once the input is hooked up and right now it's just hidden?

Switch to DVD and the AUX button will show up on the screen (again MUST be connected, as is from factory will never show up).

Sweet! Thanks a lot for your help!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.