Need help installing head unit in 94 deville concours. Ive been searching for answers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Need help installing head unit in 94 deville concours. Ive been searching for answers in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 94 deville concours with 60k miles. When i got it the factory radio did work but had ...
    94greenconcourse is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 94 concours deville

Need help installing head unit in 94 deville concours. Ive been searching for answers

I have a 94 deville concours with 60k miles. When i got it the factory radio did work but had some cracking. i had a prob with the alternator and it sent a voltage surge which damaged the ignition control module. I have since replaced both items (not fun). Now my factory radio just turns on so i decided to try an aftermarket double din. I bought the metra 70-1857 which is the bose integration harness. The plugs that are on top of the silver tuner box on right side of trunk fit. I left the bottom plug on the tuner box attached and didn't touch the main amp between the 6x9 on rear deck. I'm getting power to the unit and the antenna is functioning but i have no sound. I was thinking that the integration harness would have an amp turn on wire for the factory amp but it doesn't. The only wires going to head unit are power, switch, 3 grounds, power antenna and 2 sets of rca's. Ive been searching everywhere for an answer but haven't found anything solid. Ive done around 40 stereo installs so far in all kinds of cars including my daily driver 91 bmw 535i. The stereo shop i'm dealing with Wee Bee audio and video insists that i have the right harness after first selling me the 70-1856. Is it possible that my factory amp is fried? Or will i have to rewire the whole system as i read a few people say? I don't see how it isn't possible to run the factory amp to power the factory speakers with an aftermarket head unit. I know its not the same but in my bmw i'm running an alpine headunit and its wired into the factory amp and works just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Re: Need help installing head unit in 94 deville concours. Ive been searching for ans

The Bose units are a different critter altogether. The HU is just a control head for the AMP and speakers IIRC. You have to use the whole system of bypass it completely. I don't believe it will work with an aftermarket HU at all. As for the harness adapters I cannot speak to as I haven't used that particular one.

Re: Need help installing head unit in 94 deville concours. Ive been searching for ans

Well i guess my best option is to find the wires i need behind the factory radio. Splice into those and run all new speaker wires? Wee bee swears that harness will definitly work after selling me the 70-1856 i'm not taking it to them and paying crazy money. No sense in keeping the 17 foot harness in the car if its not needed.

----------

Its just really strange that everything plugs together correctly and my harness is the bose integration harness. Sounds like metra is a little misleading

----------

Oh and my car has active audio but Wee bee said its bose. The black amp between 6x9 s says delco electronics on top

Doe's the 93 seville have a similar stereo to the 94 deville concours? http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...fied-sony.html This is the closest i could find

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.