Cadillac Owners Forum banner

94 Deville Rear Deck Removal HELP!!!!!!?

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JC316 
#1 ·
Hi, I have a 94 Sedan Deville and I want to replace all speakers including the 6x9's in the back................I can't get the damn rear deck off...............I know this is a simple task, but I need help PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

#3 ·
1. Open the trunk.
2. Remove the upper decking, pull the little push nuts off and let the material drop. You can now see the speakers.
3. Remove the nuts from the insanly long studs poking through from the rear seat.
4. Get in the back seat and pull the upper part back away from the deck. If you want you can remove the part you sit on by pushing it toward the back of the car. Unless you want to take the entire back seat out, this isn't necessary, your choice.
5. Pull the tabs out of the rear deck (cuss cadillac while doing this because they are a pain to get out) and pull the rear deck out.
6. Remove the speakers. I highly suggest soundproofing the metal before installing the new speakers, it helps ALOT.
7. Installation is reverse of removal. (Cuss Cadillac again because those tabs are probably mangled from yanking them out with a pair of pliers).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.