Remote Start with Factory Fob -1999 Deville Base Suggestions Needed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Remote Start with Factory Fob -1999 Deville Base Suggestions Needed in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Those who have ventured into this which model did you go with and how much was it? Currently looking at ...
    Eninety2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Deville

Remote Start with Factory Fob -1999 Deville Base Suggestions Needed

Those who have ventured into this which model did you go with and how much was it? Currently looking at the Avital 4003 but I believe it requires something else plus labor is a little more due to having to remove the backseat. Any other brand suggestions? I really don't want anything fancy, just RKE and remote start. What makes this idea for me is I get to keep my Gm fob.

http://www.avital.com/Products/Produ...System&id=5008

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    Having installed 2 A vital systems this year(1 each in a 97 & 98) I can give you some insight. First was a 4103, mainly because I had no OEm key fobs. Relatively easy install once you figure out what wires to tap into. Very good range, probably 300+ ft easy. The second was the one you are looking at, essentially it is the same unit BTW just no key fobs or antenna. It is for wife's car and wanted just 1 fob plus I got a steal of a deal on it. Hardest part was getting starter to work using OEM fob, set it so 3 lock presses start the car. Problem is range on OEM fobs suck, maybe 50 ft on a good day. The only advantage to keeping OEM fobs I can see is memory functions. Since only one person drives her car I will be swapping the unit for a 4103 due to the range problem. Since the security features work off doors being locked IIRC the only advantage is memory functions, losing those from fob no biggie since you can always push the memory button inside the car for seats. You lose the stay running function and ability to wire it to turn on rear defroster using OEM fob and car finder function.
    One thing you will find is the lack of wiring diagrams available from Avital unless you have someone put it in.
    If you haven't installed one before or not good at soldering and tracing wires/reading diagrams let someone put in for you. The terminology will kill you if not familiar with it. If you do it yourself read up on installs and you will need a wiring diagram and patience.

Eninety2 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 Deville

Re: Remote Start with Factory Fob -1999 Deville Base Suggestions Needed

Thanks for the input. I'm going to get it professionally installed.

One question, what did you mean when you said I would lose the stay running portion and ability to wire it to the defroster? Is that with the oem fob and the 4003 or the 4113?

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Re: Remote Start with Factory Fob -1999 Deville Base Suggestions Needed

With 4103 you have the ability to have stay running and rear defrost. Can't remember button sequence for Rear defrost.
    Stay running option may be possible with OEM and 4003 but do not think so since the OEM FOB cannot be used when car running and you start the car by pressing Lock 3 times within so many seconds. This is a pain I think anyways. Stay running keeps car on for 12 minutes while you run into the quicky mart and you can lock the car without keys being in it.
    All other options should be available to be activated regardless of which model as they turn on when remote start activated and have no special buttons to push IIRC.
    If you go to Avital Web site and download the users manuals it tells you what can be activated.
    I start my 97 parked on other side of metal barn and @200 feet away with the 4113, stock FOB 50ft on a good day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.