Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  blownsi 
#1 ·
I'm new here, I found this board when searching for catera subwoofer info.
I was wondering if anyone here has installed subwoofers in their car, and if so how did you remove the Dash and run the wiring?
I know how to remove the stereo, but not the dash...
also I was wondering what parts I need to make it comaptible with my bose system, isn't there some line out converter I need?

thanks.

#2 ·
mbbankk said:
I'm new here, I found this board when searching for catera subwoofer info.
I was wondering if anyone here has installed subwoofers in their car, and if so how did you remove the Dash and run the wiring?
I know how to remove the stereo, but not the dash...
also I was wondering what parts I need to make it comaptible with my bose system, isn't there some line out converter I need?

thanks.

Never looked at a catera but ripped out many of dashes.

Most dashes are in by screws, clips, slide clips, and push pins.
Start from the bottom of the dash looking for anything to unscrew. Look at the seems of the dash look underneith things. If there are clips your going to have to pull on things to get them to come out. Hope this helps to get the dash out. When running the wire pull out the kick panels on the bottom of the door frame and go right under the back seat. Remeber it is always good practice to run the power wire on one side of the car and the rest on the other b/c of signal degrigation. (SP?)
Hope this helps a little bit.

#4 ·
mbbankk said:
I already have, I didn't find any screws or clips, and after reading about the process to remove the stereo, I'm beginning to worry that this is going to be difficult.
If you have never done anything like this before it will be somewhat difficult. The clips you won't see you just have to start "pulling" on things to get them to pop out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.