Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, radio removal in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Does any know how to remove the radio in a 97 Seville sls?...
- 10-30-13 06:52 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
Does any know how to remove the radio in a 97 Seville sls?
- 11-06-13 01:44 AM #2Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): '03 Deville DTS
- Join Date
- Dec 2005
Re: radio removal
A week late but if you're still wondering, here goes. These are instructions for if you have a console shifter (between the seats)
1) Put the shift handle in Neutral and then using either a plastic flat head screwdriver or a tip taped over metal one (probably gonna need two of these) pry up the trim plate surrounding the shift handle. Once its released, turn it sideways. You can remove the shift handle to completely remove the plate if so inclined.
2) Open the ashtray door and pull out the ashtray. Then remove the 3 screws holding the ashtray assembly in place. Don't forget to disconnect the cigar lighter.
3) Pry out the Driver Information Switch located above the A/C - Heat controller. Take your two screwdrivers, one on each side, and gently pry it out and disconnect it.
4) At this point you should be able to see 4 screws - Two above the the A/C-Heat controller at each corner and Two below the Radio at each corner. Remove those screws and then pull the Radio and A/C units out together and unplug. Once out of the vehicle you can seperate the two units from each other.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts