98 STS Bose problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 98 STS Bose problem in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Had under the seat battery replaced, was able to recall all presets (seating, radio, stations, etc.) simply by using RKE. ...
    abparky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 STS

98 STS Bose problem

Had under the seat battery replaced, was able to recall all presets (seating, radio, stations, etc.) simply by using RKE. Only problem remaining: no display light for clock and radio. Radio and speakers work fine. Is there a simple fix for this? Please keep in mind that I'm a girl so all answers are appreciated, and the least technical the better.

9/13 Good morning. Still hoping to hear from you with suggestions. I'm thinking it's a fuse, but since the radio is working, is there a separate fuse for just the clock light? Probably could also be wiring problem. Have the color codes for wires but no mention of separate wire for clock. Where is the wire harness located? If it's a blown bulb how hard is it to change out? Again, any help appreciated. Thanks so much.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    So the display isn't showing the clock on radio or the stations? That display isn't fused separately.
    Did you have the car jump started? I would consider disconnecting the battery again to see if it would start working. If the display is dead the HU may need replacing.
    N*Caddy knows the most about these HU's by far. Hope he see's this post.

abparky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 STS

Re: 98 STS Bose problem

Thanks so much for answering. No jumpstart, but prior to new battery had it on overnight charge. Didn't help, AAA installed new battery and left before I realized there was no clock/radio display. I will disconnect/reconnect in the morning and see if it helps. I bought this car new and it's so sweet and still in near perfect condition that I want to keep it on the road as long as possible. Will post again tomorrow to let you know the progress. Thanks again.

Bossman140 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville DTS - Cabernet

Re: 98 STS Bose problem

Quote Originally Posted by abparky View Post
    Thanks so much for answering. No jumpstart, but prior to new battery had it on overnight charge. Didn't help, AAA installed new battery and left before I realized there was no clock/radio display. I will disconnect/reconnect in the morning and see if it helps. I bought this car new and it's so sweet and still in near perfect condition that I want to keep it on the road as long as possible. Will post again tomorrow to let you know the progress. Thanks again.
    Good chance the HU will need to be replaced. Similar situation happened to me. Start scouring Ebay. My HU had to be replaced in my 02 DTS and the dealer quoted $895. One of the members (Basscat) found it for me on ebay for $80.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.