My Delco Bose finally blew up
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, My Delco Bose finally blew up in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi guys. Not sure whether to ask here, or over in the Eldorado thread. I have a '94 ETC with ...
    JN in CA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Diamond ETC N*

My Delco Bose finally blew up

Hi guys. Not sure whether to ask here, or over in the Eldorado thread.

I have a '94 ETC with the Delco Bose Gold Series cassette + CD. For maybe a few months now I would sometimes get a _really loud_ "POP" in all 4 speakers when I went from AM to FM. Well, today it finally happened. I hit the button to go to AM, and when it went POP the unit died. Nothing, except -:-- when I turn it off. The aerial won't even go down.

What do y'all recommend? I'd be happy to get it fixed if that is possible. I'd also be happy to replace if that is cheaper, but finding a clean, working, used one may be a bit tough.

I remember years ago Submariner writing that in some model years, replacing the Bose unit was tough, because the anti theft system would detect a different VIN number.

Is there a consensus on what is the best fix?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: My Delco Bose finally blew up

This is just a SWAG (Scientific Wild Ass Guess) but, at the age of the entire sound system including speakers, you might be better off determining the possible TheftLock implications, then replacing the whole thing - head unit to amps to speakers.

JN in CA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Diamond ETC N*

Well, there are those places that make a business out of repairing Delco/Bose. I've heard good things about doctordons.com.

Am I missing something? If I have my own unit repaired, how would there would be any Theftlock problems?

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

There is no security implication in a pre '98 vehicle.
    You can harvest the proper HU from any other vehicle and install it in yours (no programming required).
    The problem may be with the RIM located in the trunk on the antenna bracket.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.