Head Unit Quit Working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Head Unit Quit Working in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a 2004 Deville DTS, recently, I have the in-dash, DVD, NAV system, I pulled up to my shop ...
    Smackdaddy66 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac DTS

Head Unit Quit Working

I have a 2004 Deville DTS, recently, I have the in-dash, DVD, NAV system, I pulled up to my shop for work, shut the car off. The stereo worked fine. After eight hours of work, came out, started the car, nothing, no power, no screen, has not come on since. Checked the "Audio" fuse, not blown. I have a set of sub woofers in the back with an external amp, but its wired through the back sub, with an inline output rca adaptor. Just wondering if anyone has had any issues like this. If someone has some "Troubleshooting" advice. I don't even know where to start. The only other thing I've noticed different, is the rear sensor used to beep, or make an alert when going in reverse, and of course when you approach something, and it doesn't seem to be doing that anymore. Not thinking that should have anything to do with it. If the head unit turns out to be bad, any advice on where I might possibly purchase a new, or used one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    I'd start by checking all the fuses, the audio fuse may be fine however something else turning it on may have popped a fuse. Easiest & cheapest thing to check.

Smackdaddy66 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac DTS
    Ok, haven't had much time to check on things, however, pulled codes, newest one is AMP U1000, have done some reading where they say possibility of a bad battery, another talking about "resetting" factory amp, but not HOW to do that. Yet another referring to goofy things mine does, signifying a possible larger electrical issue, like gas gauge jumping all over the place, especially when empty. They talked about checking grounds, but not where too. Anyone with advice?

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: Head Unit Quit Working

There is no such thing as resetting the amp.
    Your HU does not have data, as simple as this. Check the wiring to the HU, it needs to communicate with the DIM to run.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.