1993 Delco Bose in a Fleetwood Sixty Special (FWD) wiring diagram needed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 1993 Delco Bose in a Fleetwood Sixty Special (FWD) wiring diagram needed in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hey Guys, wow this Sixty Special Fleetwood is a mess in terms of the radio... someone RIPPED it out, glued ...
    DReffects is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '93 Sixty Special 4.9l V8, '01 Sebring Convertible, '13 300C

1993 Delco Bose in a Fleetwood Sixty Special (FWD) wiring diagram needed

Hey Guys,

wow this Sixty Special Fleetwood is a mess in terms of the radio... someone RIPPED it out, glued shit back on and stuff.

Unfortunately i was unable to find a correct wiring diagram for the Radio System. I've got the following wires (which should relate to the speakers +/-)

Black/White
    Purple/White
    Brown
    Light Green
    Dark Green
    Something that could be called 'Tan'
    Orange/Black
    Green

Any ideas?!

The car has Speakers labled with "Delco Bose Gold Series" and seem to be the speakers with the integrated amps.

Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 1993 Delco Bose in a Fleetwood Sixty Special (FWD) wiring diagram needed

I'm gonna move this over to Audio, Video, Security. All the installers and modifiers are there .........

Thanks, i thought due to the sheer amount of cables this would be more fitting in electrical, sorry for that.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

??

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange
    Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow
    Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
    Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray
    Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Brown
    Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: Pink
    Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
    Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
    Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 4x6
    Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Dash
    Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
    Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
    Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
    Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green
    Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6x9
    Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck
    Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
    Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
    Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue
    Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

Or scroll down here:

http://www.installer.com/cars/by_car.php?carid=806#MORE

well thanks but that listing lists colors i simply do not have. i don't have a gray, yellow, light blue or yellow one

Take a test light to find the constant and the ignition power wires first, the constant will be orange, the ignition will be red, those pics look like someone butchered it, and didn't even use splice connectors, horrible job.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    Take a test light to find the constant and the ignition power wires first, the constant will be orange, the ignition will be red, those pics look like someone butchered it, and didn't even use splice connectors, horrible job.
    The ignition power, constant, ground and Amp-trigger wires are not the problem - found them already, they are according to the diagrams i've found online. The cables for the speakers are still original at the beginning but the colors match no schematics i've found. It actually looks like the previous owner took scissors to work on the wiring. I've opened up one fo those taped up wounds and found a hand made 'knot' of wire... worst i've ever seen.

Do you have information on the short wires on the left hand side? Some of them seem to end up at the antenna in the trunk, yet the cables are cut there as well. I'd be very interested in the antenna trigger wires

The antenna trigger, will either be pink or dark green. What i did is touch each wire with the light tester and that'll show you which speaker said wires go to, a little unconventional, but it worked on my bose system.

----------

Or you can always go here and subscribe the car:

http://www.repairsurge.com/manual/Cadillac/60%20Special/1993/

aeronca36606 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1985 Coupe Deville 4.1 & 1970 Eldorado 8.2

You can also identify the speaker wiring collors by looking at each speakers amplifyers connector. The speaker wires will be the ones not black or orange.
    On my 1985 the Delco Bose system had it's own wiring harness that was seperate from all the other harnesses. It pluged into the factory harness power connectoor of the standard radio harness. It also pluged into the electrical distribution block by the right hand kick panel. It connected each speaker assembly to the Bode radio bypassing the factory radio harness.

Thanks for the tips! I'll go and figure something out.

Do you have any information if a 2 din head unit is possible at all? the stock bezel is way to small, also i see some issues with the depth...

Double din in your year is a very difficult install. First problem is the opening is not the right size or shape. It is to wide and just barely tall enough. The second and more troublesome problem is the opening is way to shallow for the standard 2din. You would either have to chop away almost all of the air conditioning duct-work or let the radio protrude out the front an uncomfortable amount.

This being said i am doing just this install right now.

I am using a Kenwood KOS-V1000 and KOS-L702. This is a display monitor with a separate radio processor unit. This does away with all of the depth issues as the monitor is under 2 inches deep. The radio and audio processor is then mounted in the trunk. It also has a Satellite, Ipod, Navigation, Bluetooth, and USB-Stick modules. I am using the Kenwood's stock amplifier which is about 50 watts per channel. I was not looking for ground pounding base (been there done that) but just a good stock sounding system.

Unfortunately this system has been discontinued by Kenwood however they are still available through supply chains and on the used market.
    Alpine made a similar system with the VPA-B222 and the TME-M740BT monitor. This has also been discontinued but is still available.

The Kenwood has a few better built in features but i like the touch feel of the Alpine monitor a little bit better. The TME-M740BT monitor is also slightly smaller then the KOS-L702 making install a little simpler.

I am fabricating the monitor mounting brackets and the wood fillers now. Almost done with this and ready to start on the trunk wood mounting boards.
    Pictures are a little rough but looks great in person. Will keep you informed with progress.

KOS-1.jpg

KOS-2.jpg

That was the info i was looking for! Too bad that a standard unit does not seem to fit I am also confused by the tons of Metra mounting kits that are available - will this one fit? http://www.carid.com/1990-cadillac-f...t-4479827.html
    A fantastic idea to use a system that seperates screen and core. will you keep the original wooden bezel?

What actually bugs me is that none of these systems has a volume knob - have you thought about a 1din reciever (perhaps mounted below the ashtray), a car pc with the software centrafuse and a 7" touchscreen tft? I am seriously thinking about that... had this setup in a '90 Volkswagen Passat Stationwagon

I believe the kit you provided the link for is for the full size fleetwood rwd.

I have to remove the bezel completely for the Double Din Monitor to fit. I will be staining the pine fillers you see to match as closely as i can to the other wood grain trim. Should look fairly stock when i am done.

The single din adapters for these models still have the radio sitting at an angle to the dash along with sticking out of the dash. Even the factory CD player radio sticks out of the dash somewhat, This is because there is not enough depth to fit a CD mechanism.

I am going this route because i wanted Navigation and i do not like the radios not mounting flush and clean. Just drives me crazy!

I have also thought about removing the ashtray completely and making an eschsion to hold a radio or CD changer in it's place.

Even though this unit has volume buttons or touchscreen button i can also add steering wheel controls to it. I am sure that if i wanted to i could rig up a volume knob into the remote control interface.

The Carputers while getting more sofisticated are not up to the car functions quite yet in my opion. They are a little to distracting to operate while daily driving.

Sounds like a lot of custom work I completely understand that - I too want to have a fully integrated solution. no wires, no bullshit.

I've searched for hours yesterday and found this head unit:
    http://www.parrot.com/de/kundenkonta...asteroid-smart

From the looks of it it seems to be rather small in terms of depth, yet features a 6,5 inch screen. my hopes are that - if i make myself a custom bezel - this unit fits in the slot. Too bad i'd loose the wooden trim though.

I managed to wire up an iPod DIRECTLY to the sound-system. As my car has integrated amps in the speakers (i guess) it actually sounds pretty decent. Does not go that loud though. Is there a 'mini-amp' that amplifies the low level line signals just a BIT to increase volume?

That parrot unit looks interesting. Had not seen that one before. I could not find the depth specs on it anywhere but it does look short enough. Cable plugs may have to be made as short as possible as even with this radio lenth will be critical.
    The radio's overall height would need to be under 4 and 3/4 of an inch. You will still need to do some trimming on the old radios mounting tabs but should be able to get a pretty clean look with some wood fillers on both sides like i am doing on mine. (Could also use black plastic if you wanted).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.