Pioneer CD Install: My Story
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, Pioneer CD Install: My Story in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Preface. When I got my car, the facotry Bose CD player did not work...only the cassette/radio worked. After a year ...
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Pioneer CD Install: My Story

Preface.

When I got my car, the facotry Bose CD player did not work...only the cassette/radio worked. After a year of fiddling around with a compact cd-player, I decided to look into getting my dash fixed. Cadillac told me that a fix would cost $225 and would take weeks. So I investigated other options.

Circuit City.

November 1999, Circuit City was my first stop. I picked up a mid-model Pioneer CD-player and scheduled the install. From what I heard, CC was a reputable place for quality installations. WRONG. They said I needed a part that wasn't in, so I waited one week for them to call me about it. After an impatient 7 days, I called and they said, "oh ya come on in, we have your part." Now I'm excited, so I roll out to CC and what do I find? No part and a list of excuses. I took my unit to the customer service desk, got a full refund, and went directly to Best Buy.

Best Buy.

I bought the same exact CD player and set up my install for the next day. Unfortunately, extra parts were like $200. Nonetheless, BB's best car guy spent a whopping 4 hours working on my car...I took 3 separate trips back thinking it was only gonna take an hour. I guess they had to call Bose to find out the wiring; BB wasn't gonna let the shitty Bose receiver(which by the way was located in the trunk ) get the best of them. By closing time, my car was done, and it sounded better than anything. ...still works to this day knock on wood.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    mmm i guess all we need to do is figure out bose audio wiring scheme

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    any Chiltons manual has wiring diagrams including stereo and speakers

eldawg4100 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    first off... never take a car to CC or BB... lol

also, i hope they didnt use that bose adapter thing... bad news. even if they just wired the speakers straight into the head unit... a 1 ohm load on that thing?

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    eldawg, i dunno what the hell they did (i wish i did), but it works like a charm!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.