only 1 speaker working :(
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, only 1 speaker working :( in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi guys,I have a 1996 deville,all factory sound system,non bose.I have no sound from the right side most of the ...
    Joe2thabone is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 84 seville,96 deville

only 1 speaker working :(

Hi guys,I have a 1996 deville,all factory sound system,non bose.I have no sound from the right side most of the time and the left front puts out only high notes(like a tweeter) I pulled the radio and the wiring and plug are intact.Checked all fuses,amp had no fuse,put one in and still nothing! I plan on going through the rear wiring asap,am I correct in that I need to pull the rear seat out to access the amp and wiring? Also contemplateing a speaker change,any recommendations for the small (2")ones in the front?? And for the rear? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Re: only 1 speaker working :(

Yes the rear seat has to come out to check for amp. For rear speakers they come out from the topafter you remove the rear shelf carpet.

Re: only 1 speaker working :(

Thanks Rodnok...gotta be sumpin loose back there...funny thing is the fuse for amp was missing,re-placed it and no differance what so ever....should have a look sometime this weekend

Alayamini is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Deville
    It is not your speakers your radio is the problem, i have a 95 deville and when my rear speakers stop working i did everything i know to fix them, finally i took the car to an audio shop, the said it was my wiring, they charged a 100 dollars to rewire the system, they could not fix the speakers, they discovered it was my radio who is not feeding to the rear speakers, i went to local junk yard and bought a radio from the same model car for 15 dollars , when i installed the new radio my rear speakers worked good but the front right speaker did not work I googled the problem, they said the cadillac radios all have problems, I found another radio online for 34 dollars i bought, all my speakers now work, it cost me $ 100 dollar for rewiring $ 15 for the junk yard radio and 34 dollars for the online radio to learn this, you guys learn it from me, it is your radio not the speakers that is bad...

Hmm...the junkyard radio didn't have to be programmed? Just plug & play?thought I read somewhere that radios theft deterrant would activate & have to be re-programmed in a differant car...

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe2thabone
    Hmm...the junkyard radio didn't have to be programmed? Just plug & play?thought I read somewhere that radios theft deterrant would activate & have to be re-programmed in a differant car...
    98+ got theftlock.

Oh,ok...thanks! I'll try another head unit then

Well crap bought a junkyard radio & same thing.guess I'll take back seat out & have a look...

Well,having all kinds of fun 2day! Back seat out,checked wiring etc...hooked up spare speaker to right rear(non working)& presto! It works! Speaker bad I guess,right front still dead though...am I correct that the fronts are just tweeters?can I just replace them with speakers?

Wow...3 dead speakers & 1 dead tweeter! Lol....got stock ones from junkyard & voila! Now curious about adding 2 more speakers to rear doors...no wiring present though,is this feasible? Does my amp have output for additional speakers there?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.