USB not supported. !!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, USB not supported. !!! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 2011 CTS with Nav and Bose. Recently when I plug in a USB drive with some MP3 files on it, ...
    GR8RYD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Red Coupe 3.6L M6

Question USB not supported. !!!

2011 CTS with Nav and Bose. Recently when I plug in a USB drive with some MP3 files on it, the system shows AUX and Searching and then a window pops up with 'This USB is not supported. Disconnect the device.' I tried formatting the USB drive and putting just one MP3 file on it but I got the same result. I have successfully done exactly this operation in the past and I could both play the files and record them to the HDD! Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

Re: USB not supported. !!!

Try a different usb flash drive to narrow problem to HU or flash drive. Not sure what operating system your car uses, but from time to time I've seen systems have an issue with an external device be fixed by using another, then back to original and it works fine. It is possible the slot you are plugging into is worn or your flash drive is and the \y are not getting along. You could also try and extension cable(or a different one if it already uses one)

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8RYD View Post
    2011 CTS with Nav and Bose. Recently when I plug in a USB drive with some MP3 files on it, the system shows AUX and Searching and then a window pops up with 'This USB is not supported. Disconnect the device.' I tried formatting the USB drive and putting just one MP3 file on it but I got the same result. I have successfully done exactly this operation in the past and I could both play the files and record them to the HDD! Any suggestions?
    Hello GR8RYD,

Have you taken your vehicle into the dealership to see if they would be able diagnose what is causing the issue between your HD and your CTS? I am sorry to hear that the error message keeps popping up for you. If you would like my assistance in setting up an appointment, or working with the dealership to address this issue, I would be more than happy to assist you. If you are interested, just send me a private message with your name, contact info, address, VIN, mileage, and dealership you would like to work with. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post. I look forward to assisting you with this concern.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GR8RYD is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Red Coupe 3.6L M6

Quote Originally Posted by rodnok01 View Post
    Try a different usb flash drive to narrow problem to HU or flash drive. Not sure what operating system your car uses, but from time to time I've seen systems have an issue with an external device be fixed by using another, then back to original and it works fine. It is possible the slot you are plugging into is worn or your flash drive is and the \y are not getting along. You could also try and extension cable(or a different one if it already uses one)
    Good suggestions. I have tried two different USB drives with the same result. I even tried formatting one and putting only a single MP3 file on it but got the same results. I would be surprised if anything was worn out as I have used that USB port in the console maybe 4 or 5 times since I have had the car and it did work the first 2 or 3 times I tried it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello GR8RYD,

Have you taken your vehicle into the dealership to see if they would be able diagnose what is causing the issue between your HD and your CTS? ......
    Thanks! I have a very good working relationship with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas already. I have a short list of other minor items for them to look at the next time I am down in that area so I will just add it to that list.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by GR8RYD View Post
    Good suggestions. I have tried two different USB drives with the same result. I even tried formatting one and putting only a single MP3 file on it but got the same results. I would be surprised if anything was worn out as I have used that USB port in the console maybe 4 or 5 times since I have had the car and it did work the first 2 or 3 times I tried it.

Thanks! I have a very good working relationship with Sewell Cadillac in Dallas already. I have a short list of other minor items for them to look at the next time I am down in that area so I will just add it to that list.
    You are welcome GR8RYD. Please keep my counterpart Gregory W. and me informed on your situation. If there are ever additional questions or concerns you have, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.