2002 DeVille Base Sound Upgrades
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Audio, Video and Security Systems Discussion, 2002 DeVille Base Sound Upgrades in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello, all. I am looking to upgrade the sound in my 2002 Base Deville (non Bose / non Nav). This ...
    yllasdivad080 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 DeVille Base

2002 DeVille Base Sound Upgrades

Hello, all. I am looking to upgrade the sound in my 2002 Base Deville (non Bose / non Nav).

This is what I want to do:

Keep the factory head unit
    Upgrade all speakers
    Swap the factory amp with an aftermarket unit
    Add a subwoofer box to the trunk.

I know how to upgrade the speakers and add a subwoofer, but I don't know how to swap the factory amp. If anyone has done this or knows how to do this and could share that information, that would be great! I have looked around a lot on this forum and have not seen much clear information on this.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: 2002 DeVille Base Sound Upgrades

You do know the factory amp controls all the audio settings (like volume control) based on the information received from HU on the data line. There is no aftermarket amplifier that connects to the car data line and understands the protocol.

todoralsfd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 deville DFW
    Im attempting the same thing sort of... I want to keep HU and replace all door speakers. Just cut and reconnect 3 ways and disable the tweeters on A post. For the sub can I do the same thing? Cut wires at speaker and connect new subwoofer keeping the factory amps?

Also heard I have to make bracket for 10" sub since factory is 11". That's no problem just want to make sure I'm not opening Pandora's box.

I realize what I'm doing May not be superb sound but it will be better than all blown speakers.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Or instead of cutting your vehicle wires (really thing 10 times about this), just replace the speakers with original new.

todoralsfd is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 deville DFW

Why? If they blew there obviously not very good quality. It's not the Bose system btw. So why not upgrade with quality speakers. I just want to make sure it's not going to be a drastic difference in sound.... 2 ohm to 4 ohm?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.