Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1984 Eldorado radio problems

2K views 2 replies 4 participants last post by  txtaz 
#1 ·
I have a 1984 Cadillac Eldorado with low mileage in mint condition. I've recently had all of the speakers and amplifiers rebuilt and the sound is good. However, the radio seems to have more static than it should and I rarely have clarity on FM for more than a few seconds. Does the radio need to be serviced as well or does it have something to do with the compatibility of the new HD and digital signals? Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

#2 ·
Re: 1984 Cadillac Eldorado Radio

Let's move this to Discussions; Audio, Video, Security. Always read the text in each forum title - it gives an idea of what to post there.

Welcome Aboard !!!! :highfive:

#3 ·
Too bad it's not an'82. I'm missing that decade.
HD signals would not be your issues. My '72 works fine. Was out just this morning taking cars for a drive, checking batteries etc. I love Jazz on Sunday mornings and our local channel is in HD.
Can you give a little more history here? Was it last week/month it had no static and now it does. Or last time I drove it (2 years ago) it was fine.
For grins, how did you have your amp rebuilt? BTW, it should be unrelated if you have another souce (like my 8-track tape) and it sounds fine.
Taz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.